I guess some dev's (no names mentioned) like gadgetbean, oops sorry did I let that slip, dont like having anything negative said about the price of their themes, or what the personal opinion is of said them. Sounds like someone boohoo'ed on a mods shoulder and had their thread censored. What ever happened to free speach? Guess it doesnt exist here.
    02-22-09 07:23 PM
    I guess some dev's (no names mentioned) like gadgetbean, oops sorry did I let that slip, dont like having anything negative said about the price of their themes, or what the personal opinion is of said them. Sounds like someone boohoo'ed on a mods shoulder and had their thread censored. What ever happened to free speach? Guess it doesnt exist here.
    Not sure I know what theme censorship is, but if someone is putting something out there- something they want to charge a price for- then they need to be man or woman enough to accept the pros and cons.

At the same time, we as consumers, have the right to spend our money where we want too- so basically, no one is forcing us to buy- its a choice. If the theme maker thinks the cost of his/her theme is justified, thats fine.....but to run to a Mod about that.....well, that just makes me laugh.
    02-22-09 09:05 PM
    Plus one. With what you guys said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 09:09 PM
    i jus donate its like a sale priced theme cuz im not smart enuff or energenetic enuff to make one
    02-22-09 09:24 PM
    Furthermore to that, last time I checked, Plazmic 4.7 is still in Beta, and it's clearly laid out in their rules not to sell themes made with it! So they shouldn't even be selling them yet anyway! (unless I missed something, and they have special permission or something.... which I doubt)

Why does this urk me? Because rules aside, bugs are inevitable no matter how much attention we pay to theme making right now, and its just not fair to charge any amount for them at this point. And some BB owners might be led astray thinking that a bought theme is any better or more stable than the rest of ours offered for free!

If someone posts a link to a for sale theme at this point, they should be prepared for whatever comes their way.... positive AND negative, since they ARE taking a chance!

Also, it's against crackberry.com rules as well, to post themes for sale in the themes forum. There is a notice in the main themes forum explaining this... Dev's have to sign up with mobihand and then have their theme put in the crackberry.com store, but they can't post a link in the forum to a theme for sale on another site.

link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/rea...11-09-a-81101/
    Last edited by Synergie; 02-22-09 at 10:48 PM.
    02-22-09 10:45 PM
    I guess it is to much to ask for to have the Mod that censored a certain thread to put back all the deleted posts.

02-22-09 11:04 PM
    Just want to add to this... If you are going to sell your theme you need to expect feedback from others and I think those feedback are really important for everyone to see... When people read a thread, in a way it's a form of advertisement. If you get positive feedback you're most likely to sell more but when you edit or start deleting or censoring feedback then you're starting to create some sort of false advertisement to sell more. Well, before I buy things I like to review both the negatives and positive... in this case if I only see the positives and there are actually negatives and were deleted I will feel like I've been lied to and ripped off...
    02-22-09 11:33 PM
    Well if I like a theme I will tell ya. If I don't like it, I will tell ya that too. I don't see what the big deal with doing that.
    02-22-09 11:36 PM
    First I must correct myself, with explaination.

I thought my post in a certain thread was deleted. But a certain dev used a Thread Title slight of hand to make a new post that had me fooled. He created a new thread with the same title and let the one with comments he didnt like fall off the top and bury itself.

Here is the new post Storm Pink Grapefruit Custom L and here is the old one with comments he didnt like Storm Grapefruit Custom L

Guess I learnt a new trick tonight.
    02-23-09 12:07 AM
    I have no idea why we were targeted for this bashing, but just for clarification, we do NOT contact Mods for anything, the Mod himself actually deleted the first thread you have stated because he didnt know [email protected] is actually a NEW team-member at JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com. JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com is a long time supporter of Crackberry and we have a Crackberry sub-forum that allows us to post our products and services so we know what the RULES are.

If we contacted the mod anytime and everytime someone post something negative then we wont be making any themes but be trolling on this board all the time. If you read my post on iBerry Blocks Custom L , you would see nothing but good things since it had some many views and posts???? But thats obviously not the case, we even have FREE themers like Elycruz or paid themers on Page 12 here vouching for our work when someone said negative things because we simply are not confrontational.

JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com dont police this board as that is not our job. We believe in what the mod sees fits and we always follow policys on Crackberry.com. We do what we do best which is make kickass themes and try to provide our customers with the best service on threads. So please get your facts straight, and not falsely accuse us of doing something so UN-American. Feel free to also read my explanation on the Real iBerry Blocks Custom L thread.

Cheers

John
    JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com
    JC Designs Blackberry Themes
    Last edited by JC_Designs-Gadgetbean.com; 02-23-09 at 02:32 AM.
    02-23-09 02:05 AM
    So please get your facts straight
    Read the post above yours. It starts with
    First I must correct myself, with explaination.
    Read entire thread before commenting.
    Last edited by PavementPilot; 02-23-09 at 03:18 AM.
    02-23-09 03:16 AM
    Read the post above yours. Read entire thread before commenting.
    I read the post above mine and you are implying we started a whole new thread which is why I wrote back as it wasnt true. Read the post above yours carefully before you comment and you will see that the Mod deleted the thread and then put it back because he didnt recognize our new Team member.

So I dont know what you meant by you learning a new trick that we obviously had no part in.

I think I am done here replying as it really serves no purpose, but being accused of something when we didnt do anything is totally uncalled for.

Have a great day!!

Cheers

John
    JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com
    JC Designs Blackberry Themes
    Last edited by JC_Designs-Gadgetbean.com; 02-23-09 at 03:23 AM.
    02-23-09 03:19 AM
    I have been lurking here for some time but this is my first post.

I recently purchased a theme from JC Designs because many of the free ones I tried had too many problems.
    My experience has been that the purchased theme is bar far the most stable. Having said that it was my choice to spend the money.
    If I was offended by paying for a theme I would have just ignored the thread!!

Seems silly to complain. If you don't like it then don't spend the money. If everyone had that opinion then the paid themes would disappear as no one would buy them

People get offended/upset waaaaayyy too easily IMO.

02-23-09 06:58 AM
    Its free speech but the mods that run the forums have the right tot delete/censor anything they want.

02-23-09 08:20 AM

Seems silly to complain. If you don't like it then don't spend the money. If everyone had that opinion then the paid themes would disappear as no one would buy them
    I think the point is, and this is not aimed at any one vendor in particular (as I can name about 5-6 doing this), but it is against the EULA to sell themes made with a beta version of Plazmic... let alone charge as much as 7.00 for an OTA that once deleted off your device, you do not have the files to reinstall.

All of the vendors who have advertised for sale themes in the Storm themes forum, have had this point brought up by different people, and none of the vendors even acknowledge it.

I suppose that all of them live by the motto 'Better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission' and will continue to sell themes made with beta Plazmic 4.7, until they receive a C/D letter from Plazmic themselves... and obviously Plazmic has better things to do than search all over the net looking for everyone selling themes made with this beta. So they will get away with it.

And why the higher prices for themes (instead of like 2.00 or .99 themes?) Because right now, after months of waiting with no themes support, Storm owners are going theme crazy, and will pay through the nose for them if they have to! And like I said, some people are being led astray thinking that the bought themes are better than the free ones when this is just not true... we are ALL using the SAME tools to make them.
    02-23-09 08:26 AM
    Its free speech but the mods that run the forums have the right tot delete/censor anything they want.

You are absolutely correct. This board is a private entity which does not have to allow "free speech". It is within their prerogative as to what is said and what is censored, what is kept and what is deleted.
    02-23-09 08:29 AM
    Like my negative post about another flippin Obama theme that got deleted. I guess it's not too bad, though. They're gonna be in the minority soon enough. The tide of ire is rising.

02-23-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD