I built a theme that I love but I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a new message notification or a red star to my static Messages button or SMS/MMS button. Can someone please tell me how to do it or at least point me in the right direction?
    12-28-09 09:14 AM
    I built a theme that I love but I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a new message notification or a red star to my static Messages button or SMS/MMS button. Can someone please tell me how to do it or at least point me in the right direction?
    In themebuilder, under the homescreen banner, go to the indicator section, you will find one for new items. This is your overlay for the message area.
    12-28-09 06:17 PM
    use this file, erase the default and put your red star in its place. save as a png file and load it on with composer.
    12-28-09 07:42 PM
    I still don't know how to add it to my messages button on the home screen. The red star shows up on the icon and on the envelop but not my custom home screen messages button. I added the messages button in composer and I have an option for normal and focus but no for notifications. Do I have to add code to my .SVG?
    12-29-09 08:52 AM
    are you on speaking terms with Natemz? his new update to Pro v4.1 does this in a way that I haven't seen before.
    12-30-09 08:03 AM
    I've sent a PM but I haven't heard anything from him.
    12-30-09 08:27 AM
    how about Jaxjon? He might be more accessible as he's participating with open source material in his themes.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/x1...jaxjon-380301/
    12-30-09 08:44 AM
    or dhoch - maker of the Dave Pro that you showed love for?
    12-30-09 09:09 AM
    dhoch helped and I dug around some more. I think I have found it.

- Create the new message image (make small so you can still click Messages)
    - Add image in Composer
    - Convert to button
    - Go to Interactivity > Actions
    - Click Show - change Object: to your new button
    - At the top left of that window click Change Event
    - Go to On Theme Event and change to On New Mail

Do the same for hide - On No New Mail
    12-31-09 12:15 AM
    cool - I also had referred him to you earlier today; he was looking for design ideas about including the SSID in his new theme.

This is a great thinktank!
    12-31-09 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD