Blax by Stephen Abbott, Donate
    OTA Link: http://www.mystormstuff.com/bbthemes...theme_blax.jad

My Thoughts:
    I make storm themes for my own phone and distribute them to others who might like my setup. That in mind, I made a theme I thought was sleek, yet still had the same feel of having a BLACKBERRY. I kept what I like from my previous themes, and evolved. This theme's home screen looks great with ANY background.
    Last edited by stephenabbott20; 05-07-09 at 02:06 AM.
    05-01-09 03:43 PM
    Seems pretty nice. I finally lost the version of Dark that I loved (somewhere in the middle as it evolved) so I'm grabbing a bunch to see what fits me. Will check this one out. Thanks for your hard work.
    05-01-09 03:56 PM
    Here we go with some more stephenabbott goodness. Looks great!
    05-01-09 04:02 PM
    Very nice.. Looks good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 06:15 PM
    Thanks Stephen! The theme is great! Clean and functional just like I like them..
    05-02-09 12:42 PM
    I am a BIG fan of a Stephen Abbot theme. With that said I have a few comments, the last one is the reason I am deleting this theme.

1: love the fact I can hide the 10 customizable icons
    2: love the fact there are dedicated sound profile and options buttons neatly tucked out of the way but HIGHLY accessible
    3. sometimes when the hidden icons are going down to hide away, they only get about 2/3rds of the way and will not hide completely
    4: This is the biggie! He has put an icon to his own website on the device and he does not allow for it to be deleted. This is a HUGE NO NO. I try not to cludder up my device and want to have total control. Anyone who takes away form that experience will not have any of their apps on my device.

Let me know if that changes.
    05-03-09 08:08 PM
    4: This is the biggie! He has put an icon to his own website on the device and he does not allow for it to be deleted. This is a HUGE NO NO. I try not to cludder up my device and want to have total control. Anyone who takes away form that experience will not have any of their apps on my device.

Let me know if that changes.
    Hmm...Throw it in a folder and hide it away if you don't like it...He provides his themes free, him having his own link shouldn't be a big deal...

BUT...It seems like there is a pretty big memory leak though....
    05-03-09 08:45 PM
    Thanks for your input. It's input that evolves the theme building process!
    The icon is staying... you can move it, and hide it. it's a 0kb filesize weblink by the way.... try it out! ...pretty functional. The links store through cookies in your browser which make everyone able to have their own links stored! Also, it's a place to download my themes.

--Not sure about the memory leak. I've never checked this, and dont really notice a difference in speed ever.

My phone is programmed to do a battery pull at 3:00am every day.
    I run .141 leak.

If anyone knows a way to troubleshoot memory leaks, let me know.
    Like I said, I've never noticed any skips on speed and i'm running .141, but people go crazy over losing memory, so if this can be fixed, I'd like to.

...also, I have another theme brewing..I just need to find a wallpaper that works, The one I want makes the color look 16-bit =(

Anyway...I'll make the screenshots of this theme look more sleek, and you watch the views of this thread triple! lol
    05-03-09 10:42 PM
    Hmm...Throw it in a folder and hide it away if you don't like it...He provides his themes free, him having his own link shouldn't be a big deal...

BUT...It seems like there is a pretty big memory leak though....
    Yes... I can throw them in a folder and or hide it but that is not the point. I am the only one who is allowed to determine what is permanent on my device or not. No developer, not even Microsoft, has the rights to place nonessential icons on a device and not allow them to be deleted.

I am not saying don't put it on, just allow for the option to delete if someone does not want it.

And for the record, even though this is a free icon, i have donated to him in the past and would continue to do so for other themes I would use.

Again, if this changes then I will try out/use other themes.
    05-04-09 05:54 AM
    I have a question. The homscreen folder, to me, implies that the icons in there appear at the bottom of the homescreen. However, they are not changeable...correct? And...if so why bother having a homescreen folder and moving items in there? Just wondering.
    05-04-09 08:39 AM
    Every button accessable on the home screen is put into a HOME SCREEN folder, so they aren't listed in your (top ten) customizable icons.

Keep it neat.
    05-04-09 08:44 AM
    Stephen , awesome theme... how did you do hidden dock on the bottom its awesome.

Thanks........
    05-04-09 09:02 AM
    Every button accessable on the home screen is put into a HOME SCREEN folder, so they aren't listed in your (top ten) customizable icons.

Keep it neat.
    Nice theme, thanks

Only a question
    If I want to put weatherbug in HOMESCREEN , is possible??
    I delete camera from HOMESCREEN FOLDER and add Weatherbug but in the home screen continue the camera and I prefer weatherbug

Is possible?
    05-04-09 10:24 AM
    That was kind of what I was getting to as well. The icons on the bottom are static so in the app menu he moved them into the home screen folder so as not to gt them confused with the possible custom icons on the hidden menu. You could add it to the hidden menu but that is not the same.
    05-04-09 02:34 PM
    Great Theme- Just downloaded it and will give it a try over the next few days. But so far it looks good, I like that it is a custom theme but not a huge departure from the "essence" of a bb storm. I have couple of suggestions/ questions:

1. Any way you can make the text bigger on the phone screen (when calling or receiving a call). This seems to be pretty common with all themes, so it must be a nonmodifiable default.

2. Can you add a weather icon to the home screen (top right or left corner)?

3. Can you tweak the dial pad to match the rest of the theme?

4. Not sure about the memory leaks, but will let you know.
    05-05-09 10:49 AM
    Can you change the icons on the bottom? And would you mind adding a berryweather slot with enough room so text wont be cut off.
    05-05-09 12:18 PM
    Nice theme Stephen
    05-05-09 12:29 PM
    Iv been using this theme now for a week and I love it! But I have a small request would it be possible to set a weather app icon in place of the options icon in the top bar? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 10:29 PM
    sweet theme dude
    05-06-09 10:44 PM
    new theme posted called "Blew"

i use up all my creativity on the themes, and there is none left for naming them....

anyways..i like it even better than blax!

If you have a small customization request, i'll do it for a donation. But I can't fulfill til after 5/11 ... finals week until then.
    Last edited by stephenabbott20; 05-07-09 at 03:15 AM.
    05-07-09 02:21 AM
    I've played with this theme all morning and the only thing I found that I don't like is not having the ability to customize the Homescreen bottom set of icons. The only thing I'd change there is to place my SMS/MMS icon there as I separate my email and SMS/MMS. And I'd like to add the BBIM icon there as well. Then I'd have a message board built the way I'd like it.
    But, since I can't make themes on my own, you did a heck of a job. I'd keep it if I could customize the bottom set.
    05-13-09 09:26 AM
    Just loaded this, and have to say I'm liking it... wondered if you would post the main screen wallpaper so I can set that up with pattern lock? Nice theme, if I keep using donation will be coming, thx.

edit: one thing I just noticed, when the time is something like 10:04 AM, part of the AM is cut off.
    05-13-09 10:03 AM
    new theme released::::

Slyde

Weather Edition OTA : CLICK HERE
    Basic Edition OTA: CLICK HERE

Wallpapers:
    Rocks
    Beach
    Hong Kong
    Green
    Monster
    Sick

Please Donate if you appreciate my work.

---------
    You can download this theme and more themes at MyStormStuff.com
    06-24-09 12:19 PM
    don't suppose you'd be willing to post the wallpaper for this separately. i really like it but use the default storm theme. thanks!

EDIT: by "this" i mean the background for Blax... not the one's you've already posted for your new theme. thanks!
    Last edited by Byproxy; 06-24-09 at 05:43 PM.
    06-24-09 04:03 PM
    06-24-09 07:41 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD