What's the best theme that doesn't have any memory Leak, has plenty of scrollable icos with a nice background. My favorite so far is Hope Tree 2 but has a slow memory leak.10-12mb loss in 24 hrs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 05:19 PM
    I have tried several themes, premium and free. They all leaked. The best one I found to use is the stock theme with 2 good apps (berryweather and detoday) and a cool background I found on cb. Memory is solid. I lose maybe one mb a day.

05-16-10 10:29 PM
    I use the mini bar theme by jaxjon(?) Very little leak. Found it free in the theme section.
    05-17-10 08:13 AM
    I use have used miro2 for a while now, and love it. You have to pay for it, but I think its worth it.
    05-17-10 07:40 PM
    I use the mini bar theme by jaxjon(?) Very little leak. Found it free in the theme section.
    Another vote for jaxjon minibar. I've used a couple different themes from jaxjon and they have very little memory leak.
    05-18-10 08:23 AM
    I use have used miro2 for a while now, and love it. You have to pay for it, but I think its worth it.
    Yes, I have MIRO as well. It is a good theme, but my fat fingers could never hit the right spots. Seems like it leaked more that the mini-bar theme, but that was back before I had all my memory issues figured. - I haven't done a reset in three days and still running about 24mb down from 32.
    05-18-10 08:31 AM
    Another vote for jaxjon minibar. I've used a couple different themes from jaxjon and they have very little memory leak.
    Another co-sign for JAXJON Minibar Theme! DL'd it a couple of days ago and I see why it was recommended!
    05-18-10 11:29 AM
    Themes just do not work on the STORM.

Not sure why, but they ALL (tried maybe 30 free ones and 5 paid) seem to cause a memory leak, that required a battery pull or another program that would reboot the phone. Some of the ones I've tried just used too much application memory while they were in effect. Others would be fine for a day or so, but eventually the phone would become sluggish and I would have to pull the battery.
    05-18-10 01:41 PM

Not sure why, but they ALL (tried maybe 30 free ones and 5 paid) seem to cause a memory leak, that required a battery pull or another program that would reboot the phone. Some of the ones I've tried just used too much application memory while they were in effect. Others would be fine for a day or so, but eventually the phone would become sluggish and I would have to pull the battery.
    +1

The only "non-leaking" theme that I've found for the S1 is the default Precision Zen. I've tried soooo many different ones. Free ones, premium ones, and nothing was stable at all. The default theme is just fine for me.
    05-18-10 01:46 PM
    I had issues with just about every theme I ever tried...until the mini-bar theme. What I dont like about the precision zen is that it is clunky...at least for me. Like to be able to reach what ever I need from the home screen using hot spots (QuickLaunch), the weather slot, and the hidden today etc, and still have a clean screen.....Think that is why people like themes. But, if i did have a leak big enough to worry about I would use ZEN. Hard to go back to after using a theme however.
    05-18-10 01:52 PM

I have to in part disagree with you. Yes there are lots out there that do leak badly but there are some that do not. Jaxjon mini bar is one that is solid. I've used my phone with and without minibar and my app memory is the same either way.

Themes do work on the storm you just have to find one that will not leak.
    05-18-10 02:16 PM
    Check out BB grilled. For me it only leaks about a mb a day. Its a free theme and it looks nice

05-18-10 03:40 PM
    I'm trying MiniBar now since so many people have said that it doesn't leak at all. We'll see about that. I finally found an older hybrid OS that pretty much stopped all my leakage so we'll see what this does with it.
    05-18-10 03:43 PM
    I use redzapper bessa 9700 theme. works great.
    05-18-10 03:44 PM
    I use redzapper bessa 9700 theme. works great.
    That's not for the Storm though, or I couldn't find it.
    05-18-10 03:51 PM
    I've had no problems with Blackberry Pro v5, with .328.

05-18-10 05:02 PM
    I've been told from numerous sources that my OS6 theme is the only OS6 theme that has little to no leak on the S1 or S2. You may want to give it a whirl.
    05-18-10 05:04 PM
    um... anyone ever think that BB's leak memory? lol.

this is a well known fact- blackberries leak memory, some slower or faster than others but they all inevitably leak memory. The only way to reverse the leaks is to reboot.
    05-18-10 09:10 PM
    um... anyone ever think that BB's leak memory? lol.

this is a well known fact- blackberries leak memory, some slower or faster than others but they all inevitably leak memory. The only way to reverse the leaks is to reboot.
    Well yes, they all do leak but 3rd party themes make them leak much faster. So we were trying to see which ones leak the least. Which, I have determined, are none for me. Even the minibar them leaks for me. The default precision zen theme is what I'm staying with. Works fine for me and I don't have to worry about reboots.
    05-18-10 09:46 PM
    I'm trying MiniBar now since so many people have said that it doesn't leak at all. We'll see about that. I finally found an older hybrid OS that pretty much stopped all my leakage so we'll see what this does with it.
    Its gonna leak they all do even stock zen. My opinion is that it all depends on how you manage your received messages and call logs. These items are going to eat up some of the memory hence the memory loss issue. I run the stock zen and boot up with 44mb and after an 8 hour shift I'm down to 37 or so but that's with a some browsing and a lot of texts emails and BB messengers.

05-18-10 11:14 PM
    Well yes, they all do leak but 3rd party themes make them leak much faster. So we were trying to see which ones leak the least. Which, I have determined, are none for me. Even the minibar them leaks for me. The default precision zen theme is what I'm staying with. Works fine for me and I don't have to worry about reboots.
    I dont think you gave mini-bar enough time. Themes tend to settle down after a day or so. At least that is my experience. Even with Pattern Lock i had to wait or day or so for it to quit leaking badly....
    05-19-10 07:54 AM
    Even the minibar them leaks for me. The default precision zen theme is what I'm staying with. Works fine for me and I don't have to worry about reboots.
    What were you seeing that lead you to conclude the theme was leaking? I've ran my phone with this theme for 1 week and again with Zen for 1 week and my memory usage was the same.
    05-19-10 09:39 AM
    When I still had my S1 I ran my slideberry theme for weeks without much leaking ... but with the S1 it seems to all depend on what your phone does as they all act differently
    05-19-10 12:15 PM
    I stopped using aftermarket themes because of how much faster they leak than the stock zen theme...
    05-21-10 04:00 PM
    They all leak a bit especially on the S1 (which I have) I have a lot of applications loaded up on my storm and have found that the themes that play the best with my phone and user applications are:

Paid themes - laneberry by Chaos creations runs great.

Free any of NateMZ run great and he has a ton to pick from and my latest theme seems to working quite well too which is new free blackberry slider by Racinwarrior. Give the themes time to settle in after you reboot and if you like the free ones donate a few bucks for customizations.
    05-21-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD