Just curious if possibly I am doing something wrong or am asking to much. I love a lot of the themes and appreciate the hard work the builders are putting into them but why is it that with almost all the themes you have to use the pre-designed wallpaper?

Am I the only one out there that wants the awesome icons and features of the new themes but want to pick my own wallpaper that will display in all orientations? Just curious about this one guys.
    02-16-09 03:27 PM
    You can have your own wallpaper...

(in portrait mode only)
    02-16-09 03:44 PM
    lets see, you want to use a theme. the theme that the theme designer designs goes with a certain wall paper. so you get the complete theme. i am grateful that they come with wallpapers.
    02-16-09 03:45 PM
    I like the themes that let me use my own wallpaper and change the sorting of the icons as well. Part of it might be that theme creators are just learning the new CDK, but I also understand when the creators built their icon sets in relation to a certain wallpaper.
    02-16-09 03:46 PM
    I like the themes that let me use my own wallpaper and change the sorting of the icons as well.
    What themes don't?
    02-16-09 03:48 PM
    I am also.. I just wish it was more of an option.. With every theme I have tried I can only get a wallpaper to show up in locked portrait mode.

A small example and I hate to single out a theme but the Alienware theme is awesome in my opinion but I am not totally in to the whole aliens thing. The icons and new battery/signal icons and even the message indicaters are awesome but I just wish I had the option to select my own wallpaper for all orientations that way I get to use the theme makers awesome icons and symbols with a wallpaper of my choice.

Once again I am not attacking or discrediting any theme makers just asking if this will be an option ever as more themes are designed.
    02-16-09 03:49 PM
    I've tried a few themes and think on most I've been able to set my own background for portrait mode.

The builders are doing a GREAT job and it seems that many of them will customise for you if you request something from them.

02-16-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD