Yes, the app memory is the great debate. Here's my challenge for you guys that say the memory leaks....go 1 or 2 days without looking at your memory or doing a batt pull. Tell me if the phone slows down. I'm willing to bet you won't notice any slowdown.

I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I am bad about checking my memory constantly. But I started a test in which I'm not going to to a batt pull until my phone "needs" it. I run a lot of apps and have many versions of my themes installed. I usually start at around 25 mb after a batt pull. Funny thing is, I'm down to 9mb right now after a couple days heavy use. My phones is just as fast as it is after a reboot.

All I'm saying is that we are getting bad about worrying too much about app memory. As long as you aren't seeing the spinning clock, who cares. I know some people have bad leaks with themes and some don't. And who knows what really causes the leaks in Plazmic. If we themers had a concrete reason as to where the leaks come from, we could plug em. But given the fact that Plazmic does leak memory there is nothing we can do about it.

Just my 2 cents, just try not worrying about the app memory. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    I removed the new Weatherbug and now I'm back to my 30's for app memory without battery pulls or quick pull usage. That thing drained my app memory to less than 10MB's in about 7 hours. Back to BBweather for me.
    05-20-09 11:07 AM
    I removed the new Weatherbug and now I'm back to my 30's for app memory without battery pulls or quick pull usage. That thing drained my app memory to less than 10MB's in about 7 hours. Back to BBweather for me.
    But my point is who cares if you were down to 10. I bet you weren't getting the spinning clock. I went 2 days without a batt pull and was hovering at 9 & 10. And my phone felt very fast still. No difference if its 30mb or 10mb.

I wanted to keep going but wasn't able to with the new 148 leak that came out. But the fact that it got down to 9 & 10 and stayed there all day confirms that there isn't really a leak with plazmic. If it was it would keep going down and down.

I use BeWeather btw, so I'm not sure about WB. I'm sure it does leak though. Always did in the past.
    05-20-09 11:15 AM
    But my point is who cares if you were down to 10. I bet you weren't getting the spinning clock. I went 2 days without a batt pull and was hovering at 9 & 10. And my phone felt very fast still. No difference if its 30mb or 10mb.

I wanted to keep going but wasn't able to with the new 148 leak that came out. But the fact that it got down to 9 & 10 and stayed there all day confirms that there isn't really a leak with plazmic. If it was it would keep going down and down.

I use BeWeather btw, so I'm not sure about WB. I'm sure it does leak though. Always did in the past.
    Oh no I was. I would get it between app switching and while typing messages. The blue keys wouldn't even light up. When I tried to use my camera it told me to shut down applications. I haven't put .148 on my phone yet but I will later tonight. I forgot my USB cable at home.

This theme doesn't leak at all. Just the bad apps that developers create and the phone not releasing memory when it should.
    05-20-09 11:20 AM
    Oh no I was. I would get it between app switching and while typing messages. The blue keys wouldn't even light up. When I tried to use my camera it told me to shut down applications. I haven't put .148 on my phone yet but I will later tonight. I forgot my USB cable at home.

This theme doesn't leak at all. Just the bad apps that developers create and the phone not releasing memory when it should.

Oh Ok, i got ya. I wasn't experiencing any spinning clock, even at 8 & 9. Must be different circumstances that cause the clock. Like you said, some of those crappy apps.
    05-20-09 11:24 AM
    I would love to use this theme it's great only problem is i'm in the over 40 club when it comes to my eyes. Is there a way to make the font bigger on the hidden today calendar appointments would most certainly donate.
    Last edited by geetwos; 05-21-09 at 07:37 PM.
    05-20-09 04:26 PM
    very impressed with this theme
    05-20-09 06:02 PM
    Blackberry Pro v2 was my first ever theme on my Blackberry Storm that I got less than two weeks ago and v3 looks even better. Thanks for the hard work! Great theme!
    05-20-09 08:04 PM
    Great theme!!!!! Only theme I will use now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 01:34 AM
    thanks for an awesome theme
    05-21-09 09:22 AM
    Nice theme! I installed the blue 8 icon today works well but some of the SMS are still showing up after deleting them in the today area? Is there a fix for that? I say some because not every SMS is staying there..

Thanks
    05-21-09 03:24 PM
    Nice theme! I installed the blue 8 icon today works well but some of the SMS are still showing up after deleting them in the today area? Is there a fix for that? I say some because not every SMS is staying there..

Thanks
    You have to delete the messages that won't go away. Its a known bug of Plazmic.
    05-21-09 07:37 PM
    You have to delete the messages that won't go away. Its a known bug of Plazmic.
    I delete them from the sms screen but they still show until I do a battery pull, then they are gone or is there another area to delete them from that I don't know about?

Also it would be nice if the font was a little larger in the today area... old eyes here
    05-22-09 09:04 AM
    The only thing I don't like on this theme is the message icon, you can't change it for something more pro ?
    05-22-09 09:18 AM
    Uh, just curious... How do you change icon positions?
    05-22-09 08:17 PM
    Uh, just curious... How do you change icon positions?
    Hit the blackberry button while on the app screen and select move.
    05-22-09 11:41 PM
    Hands down, the best theme I have used. I have tried TONS of themes, and I always seem to go back to the BB Pro series. They are professional, simple, and VERY clean. Fantastic.
    05-23-09 11:29 PM
    stacycakes77

kat von d background
    good choice
    my storm is rockin the pic
    05-24-09 12:53 AM
    By far the best theme I have tried. I used the Crystal Clear for a while and really liked it as well but overall this one is the best.

I am using the orange with an offset Auburn University logo and all my friends think it is a custom Auburn theme. A donation is in order.
    05-24-09 09:36 AM
    By far the best theme I have tried. I used the Crystal Clear for a while and really liked it as well but overall this one is the best.

I am using the orange with an offset Auburn University logo and all my friends think it is a custom Auburn theme. A donation is in order.
    Thats exactly the reason I go through the trouble of making the different color versions.

Thanks
    05-24-09 09:48 AM
    any chance on a purple or yellow version?...still on the purple V2 with my lakers wallpaper....yellow would be nice

05-24-09 04:15 PM
    This is an amazing theme, I can't believe it's free!
    05-24-09 11:29 PM
    This is an amazing theme, I can't believe it's free!
    Believe it!
    05-24-09 11:31 PM
    any chance on a purple or yellow version?...still on the purple V2 with my lakers wallpaper....yellow would be nice

No plans right now. Busy on other projects at the moment. Not gonna say no though.
    05-24-09 11:32 PM
    This is by far one of the best themes. What would make it better would be a spot opposite the weather for Berrymeter, and a hidden top launcher for Quicklaunch

05-25-09 08:04 PM
    any chance of a version of this amazing theme for 8330??! that would be amazing
    05-25-09 09:36 PM
725 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD