I wasn't sure how to search for this issue. I just updated to 5.0 today and now when my screen is in the landscape position, my themes, except the original one, are all messed up. There is about a half inch border on the lt and rt side that doesn't show the icons. Very strange! I did a battery pull without any changes. Anyone else getting this same issue?
    10-26-09 11:56 AM
    Yeah I remember seeing a fix in here somewhere. Kinda of annoying though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:58 AM
    I have the SAME problem, so if someone finds a fix, please post up the link I'm not even sure how to "search" for this problem lol . .
    10-26-09 11:59 AM
    There are multiple threads on this issue. The temporary "fix" (until the theme developers are provided with Plazmic 5.0 to fix their themes) is:

1. Go to apps screen
    2. BB button -> options
    3. Set rows to today;
    4. Exit and save;
    5. BB button -> options;
    6. Set rows to 2 rows;
    7. Exit and save;
    8. BB button -> options;
    9. Set your wallpaper to your theme's wallpaper. If you don't have it, check the Themes section of the forums and see if your theme developer has posted it. If they haven't, ask them for it.
    10. Exit and save.

Following precisely these steps resolves the problem for me. There may be a shorter way, but I'll stick with what I know works for me and my themes :P
    10-26-09 12:03 PM
    I have got around it by after every reboot, I switch my theme to the default save it go to apps screen then I change back to the Simpleberry theme I used and the white bars go away
    10-26-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD