I installed .122 today and am having problems with my all of my "today" themes. After install, they will now show the calendar items or the message previews like they did before on the main screen. Any ideas what this could be from. I also used the shrink-a-os that is available on the forums. Is there a file that I should have left on?

Thanks
    04-08-09 08:40 PM
    I'm having the same issues.I am also beginning to see a laggy keyboard after a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 08:44 PM
    ah man... looks like the problems are starting to crop up for .122.... :-(
    04-08-09 08:54 PM
    I have the new genesis theme installed on .122 and switching from landscape to portrait has become extremely slow, if it will even switch at all. My only knock so against .122 so far.
    04-08-09 09:45 PM
    the genesis theme is what I am using as well.

Any ideas?
    04-09-09 09:23 AM
    Same problem with the Today Plus them. It shows "invisible" appointments which you click it will lock you device giving you an app error message.
    04-09-09 10:42 AM
    Here's a thought..you guys installed an OS not made for your carrier?!?! Maybe wait for the official from YOUR CARRIER or stick with a leak from YOUR CARRIER?!?!?!?!?
    04-09-09 10:44 AM
    Here's a thought..you guys installed an OS not made for your carrier?!?! Maybe wait for the official from YOUR CARRIER or stick with a leak from YOUR CARRIER?!?!?!?!?
    Whoa buddy, chil out. From what I understand, RIM releases the OS to the carriers. At that point it is up to the carriers if they want to release the updated OS to their clients.

So in the end, the developer should be updating there Today themes (especially the ones who have been charging money) to work with the new OS.
    04-09-09 11:28 AM
    I installed .122 today and am having problems with my all of my "today" themes. After install, they will now show the calendar items or the message previews like they did before on the main screen. Any ideas what this could be from. I also used the shrink-a-os that is available on the forums. Is there a file that I should have left on?

Thanks
    I don't see where the problem is. Don't you want the appointments and message previews on the home screen?
    04-09-09 11:31 AM
    Themes in general have destroyed my phones performance. I deleted all but worldrocker phone works again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 11:36 AM
    I had the same issue last night, I fixed it by hitting the blackberry button hit it again selected options, and changed the amount of rows are on the home screen apparently some today themes won't work properly unless it is set to two rows. I had mine set at 1, I changed it to 2 rows and exited out and it worked fine after that. hope this helps out.
    04-09-09 11:41 AM
    I don't see where the problem is. Don't you want the appointments and message previews on the home screen?
    lol I didn't even see the part where he said now, hopefully he meant that they didn't otherwise I just made myself look like an idiot
    04-09-09 11:48 AM
    I have had this issue with the today screen (not showing calendar appointments or messages) every time that I have upgraded. The only way that I have found to fix it has been to do the following:
    1)Go into Calendar, and one at a time delete and remake each appointment (take advantage of the serried ability if possible - saves a lot of time and effort).
    2) Turn off device and do a battery pull.

That should fix the problem. It a bit bothersome, but as there are no today themes actually supported by RIM (atm), there is probably absolutely no testing being done on this particular problem
    04-09-09 12:09 PM

Thanks
    If you are having a problem viewing your calendar appointments on Today themes I believe it is due to your default services. Do a search for multiple calender sync issues and you should get a few pages of hits.

I too experienced this problem, however I use Google calendar and for myself it was just a matter of erasing the calender appointments on my device and then re-syncing it with Google Sync.
    04-09-09 12:19 PM
    I have had this issue with the today screen (not showing calendar appointments or messages) every time that I have upgraded. The only way that I have found to fix it has been to do the following:
    1)Go into Calendar, and one at a time delete and remake each appointment (take advantage of the serried ability if possible - saves a lot of time and effort).
    2) Turn off device and do a battery pull.

That should fix the problem. It a bit bothersome, but as there are no today themes actually supported by RIM (atm), there is probably absolutely no testing being done on this particular problem

Hey guys,

now that I think about it, I think I can shed some light on this (hopefully). I used to get this issue a lot as well, after an update. The only way for me to fix it was to delete calendar, then re-sync with Outlook. However, I think the real issue here is that the themes are being loaded before the calendar stuff when we restore the files from the old OS. Don't ask me why, and if it's wrong, don't blame me! I doesn't make total sense to me, but sometimes a theme that I added AFTER the restore would work with the today and messages...

Perhaps if we try NOT backing up themes to be reloaded automatically, and just upgrading OS, and reloading calendar... then MANUALLY reloading themes (I know it's a pain...).

Again, it's jut a theory, and I'm not sure, but it seems to make sense based on MY past experiences.

Regardless, it IS a bug and something that SHOULD be addressed... whether it be by Plazmic... or theme developers... or RIM... one of these three players needs to!
    04-09-09 01:42 PM
    I had the same issue last night, I fixed it by hitting the blackberry button hit it again selected options, and changed the amount of rows are on the home screen apparently some today themes won't work properly unless it is set to two rows. I had mine set at 1, I changed it to 2 rows and exited out and it worked fine after that. hope this helps out.
    I beleive ALL Today Themes require the Icons to be set to TWO rows. Change that and you lose the Today effect.
    04-09-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD