Blackberry is launching BES12 in November � the key product and primary focus of their turnaround strategy � and there has been very little discussion around this product despite the fact that it is in limited beta release.

Chen mentioned an expanded beta rollout was planned for July. Does anyone have any new information on this? How is it comparing to 360, Good, Mobile and others?
    07-09-14 09:45 AM
    I just got a quick look at the BES 12 administration site, looks very good. Was told that it's on time and scheduled for release in November.
    That's why nobody is talking about it: There is nothing new to talk abut till the press release is out.
    07-09-14 10:35 AM
    No one talks about Blackberry products until there are press releases. Check.
    07-09-14 11:26 AM
    This is an Enterprise release, not a consumer one. They're promoting it fairly significantly in the b2b space.
    07-09-14 11:43 AM
    Blackberry is scheduled to accelerate their beta rollout this month. For those who have seen a recent version of the product, I am wondering if you could share your thoughts on the following:

1. How is the functionality relative to the competition?
    2. Is the UI slick and intuitive?
    3. Any news on FedRAMP compatibility?

I am trying to get a better feel for how compelling this product will be – will it level the field or will it be a clear winner?

I know Sith Apprentice was fairly up to speed on this product a few months back, but as the beta program expands there must be others out there.
    07-09-14 12:52 PM
    Most of us can't really tell since you have to be a BES-literate individual or a company to get into the beta and actually make it count.

I too wonder. I also wonder about BES Cloud and BES12X (one can dream...).

Posted via CB10
    ryanza likes this.
    07-09-14 02:32 PM
    Most of us can't really tell since you have to be a BES-literate individual or a company to get into the beta and actually make it count.
    There's a beta for BES 12 ?, I'm 'BES-literate' and work for a 'company' as this is the first I've heard of a BES 12 beta.

How on earth do you get access to the beta, I can't find anything on it ?.
    07-15-14 07:11 AM
    BES12 Beta...You don't pick them, they pick you:

JC from Q1 2015 Results Call:

"With BES 12, we have six beta customer installation completed in Europe and North America, and we have six more in the plans starting July. Feedback has been very positive regarding our features, functionality and stability."
    07-15-14 11:29 AM
    Six customers? That's pretty much NOTHING, even if it means thousands of devices per customers.

I wrote somewhere else but if BB wants to make sure it becomes omnipresent, a synonym for MDM then they ought to roll out a free SMB package eg I imagine BES12 for free up to 5 managed devices (w/ BB10 devices not counting), first 30 days support included (with paid upgrade option to a year, 2-y, 3-y etc), they could offer paid upgrade to secure email transport (provided they still have enough PoP woirldwide) etc etc - this would give them a huge install base quickly, setting up future upgrade paths (promo would end on, say, Jan 1st 2015.)
    07-16-14 01:03 PM
    Six customers? That's pretty much NOTHING, even if it means thousands of devices per customers.

I wrote somewhere else but if BB wants to make sure it becomes omnipresent, a synonym for MDM then they ought to roll out a free SMB package eg I imagine BES12 for free up to 5 managed devices (w/ BB10 devices not counting), first 30 days support included (with paid upgrade option to a year, 2-y, 3-y etc), they could offer paid upgrade to secure email transport (provided they still have enough PoP woirldwide) etc etc - this would give them a huge install base quickly, setting up future upgrade paths (promo would end on, say, Jan 1st 2015.)
    You don't know which six they are. These companies and agencies have significant install bases. I've seen the beta but am not in it (my agency opted to pass and move to a different platform against my better judgement)

Posted via CrackBerry App
    highos likes this.
    07-18-14 06:53 AM
    You don't know which six they are. These companies and agencies have significant install bases. I've seen the beta but am not in it (my agency opted to pass and move to a different platform against my better judgement)

Posted via CrackBerry App
    You know you'll be back though right?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 07:51 PM
    Somewhere I read that they'll have a new cloud version to use? Is anyone familiar with that? Maybe it'll be a more fully featured bes10 cloud instead of a market preview

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    07-20-14 06:57 PM
    It's put up or shut up time, and I think people are going to keep on thinking BlackBerry is not even on the map until this is released and put in front of people's faces again.

We have a number of clients that we've pushed to use Good (I cannot stand that name), who have used BES in the past. I can't wait to see what BES12 is like and see if it makes sense to push back in that direction again.
    07-21-14 01:36 PM
    (my agency opted to pass and move to a different platform against my better judgement)
    Damn !, you're a fountain of knowledge on BES and a great contributor to the forum, big shame they didn't listen to you.

What MDM did they chose ?.

Also I agree with others that the should be more noise about BES 12 in the trade press etc, by now they should be starting to build up excitement / a head of steam on marketing it.
    highos likes this.
    07-22-14 07:44 AM
    With something like BES12, I think people are going to have a put-up-or-shut-up approach to it. They just want to see announcements and have it be ready to go. You know. Like Apple and stuff.
    07-22-14 09:59 AM
    looks like bes12 invites are going out
    dusdal likes this.
    08-13-14 08:44 AM
    I just got a quick look at the BES 12 administration site, looks very good. Was told that it's on time and scheduled for release in November.
    08-19-14 09:48 AM
    Just received ourWhen is BES 12 Launching?-officephonescropped.jpg new phones - can someone get me into a beta invite? I'm open for any MDM but cannot wait months, I have to start using something within a week or so, even if it is beta...
    08-19-14 10:00 AM
    Just received ourClick image for larger version. 

Name:	officephonescropped.jpg 
Views:	642 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	291751 new phones - can someone get me into a beta invite? I'm open for any MDM but cannot wait months, I have to start using something within a week or so, even if it is beta...
    Then get BES 10

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    08-20-14 12:44 PM
    From Baron's today - would be interested to know if you guys buy into this thesis regarding BES12 adoption:

Deutsche Bank’s Karl Keirstead today reiterates a Buy rating and a $14 price target on shares of MobileIron (MOBL), the maker of software to manage devices inside corporate networks, arguing the company may see a rise in activity as companies ditch BlackBerry (BBRY) devices in favor of Apple’s (AAPL) iPhone.

Keirstead alludes to conversations with companies that suggest the release of Apple’s “iOS 8” version of its mobile operating system will close the gap in security with BlackBerry devices, and therefore make Apple’s iPhone and iPad more acceptable to enterprise:

According to our recent checks, the real catalyst for an enterprise move to replace their BlackBerry’s may not be the launch of BES12 and an evaluation of its functionality, but rather the launch of Apple’s iOS 8 operating system, which Apple has indicated is due “in the fall of 2014” and many Apple- watchers believe is coming in September 2014 [...] While much of the media and analyst attention has been on the consumer- focused improvements coming in iOS 8, our attention is squarely on the new enterprise-grade features. Apple itself has flagged expanded data protection and encryption (using the current device passcode to extend data encryption to email and third-party apps), per message S/MIME (allows users to sign and encrypt individual messages), Always-ON VPN (which adds more security), more granular app and document content control (the ability to push or remove docs), new MDM features for IT administrators (setting device names remotely, new MDM queries), new app development features (such as developer access to the Touch ID fingerprint technology) and the removal of AirDrop (which allows users to share files with nearby Apple users).

Keirstead thinks enterprises continue to have concerns about BlackBerry’s stability and lack of apps:

We recently spoke with the mobile IT head at one large enterprise, which is planning a partial migration away from BlackBerry due to three issues, including 1) concerns about BlackBerry’s ongoing ability to invest at scale to support new devices as well as the employee turnover in accounts execs and the engineering ranks, 2) concerns about the app eco-system compared to Apple and the MDM platform compared to pure-plays and 3) end user preference, believing that most employees prefer iPhones (in the 2Q14 data from IDC, BlackBerry garnered just 1.5% share of total unit shipments).

BlackBerry’s forthcoming “BES 12” version of its mobile management software may not prevent companies from moving to MobileIron or Citrix Systems (CTXS) or another software vendor for device management, he thinks:

This represents a risk to MOBL if BES12 were to have success becoming a multi-OS platform. Until recently, we’ve been under the impression that many enterprises will wait for the BES12 release before deciding whether to whether to upgrade or replace their BlackBerry infrastructures. Now, we’re less sure. More recent customer checks suggest that a migration is inevitable and that at best, BES12 will enable a more orderly transition and may be able to match, but likely not exceed, the MDM functionality offered by rival mobile device platforms.

MobileIron Surges 10%: BlackBerry May Get Ditched with Apple?s iOS 8 - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    Fatboy40 likes this.
    08-25-14 02:22 PM
    I certainly agree. One point they raise, which is interesting but maybe not specifically BES 12 relevant, is...

We recently spoke with the mobile IT head at one large enterprise, which is planning a partial migration away from BlackBerry due to three issues... 3) end user preference, believing that most employees prefer iPhones

... this is absolutely true and a big issue for BlackBerry when trying to achieve the budget to move to BlackBerry 10 devices etc. The company Directors / those who control the company's money more often than not have a personal iPhone and no matter how well you sell 'BlackBerry' to them their own personal devices have a big influence on the decisions they make.

BES 12 has to quite frankly be amazing to stop MobileIron etc in their tracks and claim market share from them, and iOS 8's enterprise features will be pushed like crazy once it's available. I hate to say this but I don't think BES 12 will really be the quantum leap we need ?.
    09-03-14 02:42 AM
    or we cant tell because we are under an NDA
    10-15-14 08:00 AM
    I certainly agree. One point they raise, which is interesting but maybe not specifically BES 12 relevant, is...

We recently spoke with the mobile IT head at one large enterprise, which is planning a partial migration away from BlackBerry due to three issues... 3) end user preference, believing that most employees prefer iPhones

... this is absolutely true and a big issue for BlackBerry when trying to achieve the budget to move to BlackBerry 10 devices etc. The company Directors / those who control the company's money more often than not have a personal iPhone and no matter how well you sell 'BlackBerry' to them their own personal devices have a big influence on the decisions they make.

BES 12 has to quite frankly be amazing to stop MobileIron etc in their tracks and claim market share from them, and iOS 8's enterprise features will be pushed like crazy once it's available. I hate to say this but I don't think BES 12 will really be the quantum leap we need ?.
    Have you used mobileiron? To get secure workspace working in MI is horrible. Complex and not user friendly. BES10 and 12 are ahead. Also, BES10 has more enterprise deployments than MI, Good and Airwatch according to a report I read recently. Was either IDC or Gartner I think.

Posted via CB10
    Fatboy40 likes this.
    10-17-14 05:12 PM
    Considering that it's supposed to be released in November, three weeks to go now until the end of it, things are very quite.

By now I'd be expecting more noise in the trade press etc ?.
    11-10-14 10:30 AM
    I have a feeling things will be showing up soon dont worry.
    11-10-14 11:24 AM
29 12