I'm a new user (both to the forum and to Blackberry) but I figured my question would be more appropriate here since I'll be using it primarily for business purposes. Is there a way, through a crack or otherwise, that I can access my voicemail on my blackberry without having to call in to the system? My friend has an iPhone and claims that he gets his voicemail pinged to him with that, but I think the BB is much more tailored to the needs of the entrepreneur (to use the buzzword). Any ideas? I'm a total newb here so sorry if this is an easy question.
    04-02-08 11:05 AM
    I'm a new user (both to the forum and to Blackberry) but I figured my question would be more appropriate here since I'll be using it primarily for business purposes. Is there a way, through a crack or otherwise, that I can access my voicemail on my blackberry without having to call in to the system? My friend has an iPhone and claims that he gets his voicemail pinged to him with that, but I think the BB is much more tailored to the needs of the entrepreneur (to use the buzzword). Any ideas? I'm a total newb here so sorry if this is an easy question.
    First off, welcome to crackberry!

Second, just FYI, cracks and workarounds for legal software and the discussion of those things is verboten.

Finally, to address the real issue - voicemail is handled by your mobile service provider, not the phone itself. Some providers do offer things like email notification, but most do not provide copies of audio files you can listen to that aren't on your mobile phone. I hope that answers your question, if not, I'll be glad to try again with a little more detail.
    04-02-08 11:52 AM
    Second, just FYI, cracks and workarounds for legal software and the discussion of those things is verboten.
    Ha, yeah...I guess the name of the forum might confuse some folks, eh.

Finally, to address the real issue - voicemail is handled by your mobile service provider, not the phone itself.
    Yep, bingo. It's not a crack you need, it's a mobile service or perhaps even an advanced voicemail service. I use my BB primarily for business as well, but I've found that this feature in particular is attainable on most pdas. Does your business have an 800 or virtual attendant? Many of them offer this feature, like gotvmail and play it on mobile -- that's what my company uses -- you get your voicemails sent to your cell to you don't have to call in. There are even some free services like YouMail -- haven't used it, can't vouch -- that supposedly send you text versions of your messages.

Anyway I think this is what you're talking about...if you have further clarifications continue the thread!
    04-03-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD