I have run into issues with a BlackBerry Bold which cause the BlackBerry itself not to remove any deleted emails from iself when removed from the user's own Outlook on their computer. I have surfed the internet and found a few related topics and "known issues" with these Vodafone Bolds' (possibly a device software issue).

This doesn't seem to happen with all the devices we have here but its happening on one. I have attempted the following two methods to try and fix this issue:

I have configured the account to "Server Wins" for the email options. I have then resent the IT Policy to the device. No avail.

I have deleted the user's BlackBerry account from BlackBerry Manager 4.0 and recreated it, removing previous statistics. I have then manually wiped the handheld and reactivated the BlackBerry. No avail.

I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to attempt to remedy this issue within Vodafone's warranty (I know about reloading OS' and updating OS' as I do this frequently on my personal BlackBerry), whether it was a known issue with a solution or if we simply have to wait for Vodafone to officially support a newer OS that has this issue fixed?
    04-14-09 10:24 AM
    If this was the same on multiple Vodaphone devices, with the same OS, I'd understand...

I say; in this order...

1. Remove the device from BES, and statistics...

2. wipe the device...

3. make sure it's truly wiped. might have to use JLCmd, or something (CrackUtil)...

4. Now re-add it to BES.

...now see what happens with it.
    04-14-09 12:51 PM
    Are you running sp7 on the BES server?

I don't think that it will be a device firmware problem.

Have you tried another device on the users account?

Is this just a one way sync issue or are there other issues for other users?

if you send a test email to the user, open the email on the device and hold the <alt> key and type view, you should then be able to see the refid of the message.

If you then delete the email in outlook, and press F9 to sync with exchange. Then do a recocile now on the device.;

Then search for the refid in the MAGT log file and see what it says.

I hope this helps pinpoint the error.
    04-14-09 04:18 PM
    Due to the circumstances (and time constraints) I haven't been able to get the BlackBerry back in my hands personally to try out the methods stated above. I do appreciate the replies, I have a feeling that this may be server related as we've experienced other issues such as a lack of calender syncing with a BlackBerry Curve 8310 on Vodafone as well. I have a feeling that these issues are pointing to an underlying problem, I may need to recommend an update to our version of BES.
    04-16-09 08:07 AM
    If this was the same on multiple Vodaphone devices, with the same OS, I'd understand...

I say; in this order...

1. Remove the device from BES, and statistics...

2. wipe the device...

3. make sure it's truly wiped. might have to use JLCmd, or something (CrackUtil)...

4. Now re-add it to BES.

...now see what happens with it.
    This is what I've tried, minus the usage of JLCmd.
    04-16-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD