Hi All. Having a bit of a problem with our company BES. It seems that on occasion one of our Users will stop receiving emails. BB Manager shows everyone but that user with an up to date time in the "Last Contact Time" field. The users seem to have stopped getting mail at some random time (this person is not the first, we have had 3 in the last 3 months, none of them on the same time/day/month).

For the most recent user (todays) I tried a battery pull and server restart just too see if that would clear anything up. It didn't so next I tried to resend the service book and IT policy. The IT policy before I resent said that there was an "error" and I noticed that not all fields were filled out. Resending the IT policy didnt work, the message would say "processing" and then eventually time out and default back to "error".

After that I tried to delete the user from BB manager, reboot, create the user again and activate. The phone would hang on activating @51% then eventually carry on, finish and then tell me something to the effect that there was an error syncing and not everything was sync'd (address book).

After that I completely wiped the handheld clean and removed the user from Manager again to treat the device as brand new and start fresh. I still receive the error and the device will only download messages when it is connect via USB to the BES. The wirless connections are on when I try to DL messages though (just not during activation).

Sorry for the long post, just trying to get any helpful info out there now. Does anyone have any clue what the problem could be or is the device the problem and we need to send it in?

Thanks In Advance
    11-12-08 11:53 AM
    I run a BES server with groupwise 7 and the GW soap connector sometimes stops on some users every now & again until you restart the services on the BES server, then mail starts going through again. Cant explain why though.
    11-13-08 07:03 PM
    two words: Exchange performance
    11-15-08 04:56 PM
    i'm experiencing the same problem, can you explain a bit more about the exchange performance? what is the counter for this performance? thank you
    11-19-08 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD