Hey all,
    I am the only one having this problem as I have elevated privileges in my domain profile which keep turning off the ability to send mail from my device.

I am in the LAN administrators group in the windows domain and the only one who is and has a BB. I have been able to track down that this is whats causing the problem, but has anyone been able to correct this? i have tried all the fixes i could find on google except for the one that edits the registry (id rather not have to do that on a production exchange server if i can avoid that) but i would really really like to be able to send mail from my device and removing myself from that group isnt really an option either.

any suggestions would be great!

Thanks
    06-16-08 01:37 PM
    You have to remove yourself from the admin group.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-08 01:54 AM
    well, i know that is the easy way to do that, but that causes me a bunch of problems when I am doing lan work (which doesnt happen all the time, but enough to make me not want to remove myself from the group).
    has anyone tried the reg hack? id rather not try to hack the registry as previously stated, but if someone has done it successfully, im willing to give it a shot
    06-19-08 01:37 AM
    Does the Lan Administrator group that you in have rights to send mail on your exchange server?
    07-14-08 12:29 PM
    You sound pretty determined to keep your Admin rights, but why not just create a new LAN admin account called admin.yourname and use that for all your Admin duties and leave your user account for day to day stuff? All the Admins I know work this way and none of us experience any issues or inconvenience even in complex environments.

There's so many advantages to separating these accounts beyond just BlackBerry issues, better security, easier password changes, clearer Auditing (especially if you have multiple Admins) and its so much safer than hacking the adminSDHolder object...

MS changed the security on those accounts for a reason, and neither RIM nor MS recommend the hack, so proceed at your own risk!
    07-20-08 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD