I am running OS 5.0.0.191 against a BES 5 server. When I try to open any docx or xlsx files off of a remote share I receive an error "Unable to display file <filename and path>.docx. I can copy that same file locally and open it, but it won't work remotely. I can open any prior versions of Office just fine. I have confirmed that all the Office 2007 file types are configured on the server.

Even though I have access to the server and can make changes, I don't have access to calling RIM for support. My admin seems a bit uncomfortable doing this since OS 5.0 is not official yet. We upgraded pretty early and when he had called support a few times during the upgrade, they would question him as to why he was doing this so soon when there were no OS releases yet. (we did it because the big guy was running the new Bold leak)

There are only 2 of us running an OS 5.0 leak, a Bold and my Storm, so not a big deal as yet. I can't seem to find any answers on the web, maybe because this is too new.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

TIA
    09-11-09 10:30 AM
    OS is still in beta. Try to change the document format to a 2000-2003 Office format (take out the X in the .docX, as this formats the document with underlying XML I believe)
    09-20-09 11:50 AM
    BB has never been Office doc cutting edge
    09-30-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD