BlackBerry UEM - 12.9

Lots of bug fixes and some notable new features.

-Android SafetyNet attestation support to more actively check integrity of the device.
    -better ability to add android apps from play store via UEM console
    - iOS 12 support with a handful of new supervised device policy settings
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    09-06-18 10:07 AM
    Thank you. The timing of your post was perfect. Early adopter that I am, I'd already enrolled two of my iOS devices in the iOS 12 beta. 12.9 actually allowed me to activate them the 1st time, but in the course of deactivating them and then reactivating them they refused to activate. The UEM 12 client kept crashing and..... Anyway, this works great and there are a whole lot of minor bug fixes in here too.
    Rodney Wilder likes this.
    09-07-18 07:06 PM
    what fixes have seen with UEM 12.9 MR1?
    09-09-18 08:52 AM
    Link --> Installing or upgrading the software - BlackBerry UEM - 12.9

From the article:
    What's new in BlackBerry UEM 12.9 MR1
    Android SafetyNet support: When administrators enable Android SafetyNet attestation, BlackBerry UEM sends challenges to test the authenticity and integrity of Android devices that have been activated with the Android enterprise, Samsung KNOX, and MDM controls activation types in your organization's environment. Note that you need to have the BlackBerry UEM Client for Android MR1 version installed before you can use this feature. (JI 2243165)

Add Android apps from Google Play store: If you have configured support for Android work profile activations, you can search for an Android app in the Google Play store from the UEM management console, and add the app to BlackBerry UEM. (JI 1630786)

Support for iOS 12: BlackBerry UEM12.9 MR1 supports the iOS 12 OS. Note that before upgrading devices to iOS 12, if customers are using BlackBerry Secure Gateway with S/MIME, they must do the following:
    upgrade to BlackBerry UEM 12.9 MR1
    upgrade the BlackBerry UEM Client to the compatibility version that is being released in September
    09-09-18 03:35 PM
    what fixes have seen with UEM 12.9 MR1?
    http://help.blackberry.com/en/blackb...182306816.html
    09-10-18 08:29 AM
    Pretty sure the link I already posted worked too, but thanks anyway.
    09-17-18 05:19 PM
    Pretty sure the link I already posted worked too, but thanks anyway.
    You are very welcome!

... I simply provided a direct link to the official fixes list as opposed to the general doc or what's new, which if you want to get nitpicky, was in the link I provided originally. So back at ya. Haha
    09-17-18 07:58 PM
    You are very welcome!

... I simply provided a direct link to the official fixes list as opposed to the general doc or what's new, which if you want to get nitpicky, was in the link I provided originally. So back at ya. Haha
    You're right. I can't imagine that anyone would've known to click on the link labelled "Fixed Issues" when they landed on that page. You win.
    09-17-18 09:03 PM
    How often do you upgrade your environment? We do only if the new version addresses a major issue or offers a feature we can't live without.
    09-19-18 08:02 AM
    How often do you upgrade your environment? We do only if the new version addresses a major issue or offers a feature we can't live without.
    I usually upgrade, but only after snapshotting my UEM vm. Maintenance releases usually contain lots more fixes than what are disclosed in the release notes. That said, if that is a physical server would follow your philosophy.

I don’t like testing vendors’ code for them in production environments as a rule. :-). But.... I balance this cynical perspective with the reality of their huge R&D budgets. I find that lately it’s been a bit of a crapshoot in the large telco and enterprise network security space I work with (i’m mostly a UEM hobbyist) as some major vendors have really let me down with their code updates. I suspect that a lot of this is because of the rush to market with new features to maintain a competitive advantage coupled with increased complexity of feature sets and their interaction with other systems.

BlackBerry is one of the good ones in my experience though.
    09-19-18 08:41 AM
    Agree. I also manage VMware AirWatch and you can't imagine how rapid new release is announced. It's a very competitive market after all.
    09-19-18 09:34 AM
    I look for security fixes or features but lately I've been updating right away. (within 2 weeks)
    09-20-18 07:57 PM
    For Productions we try to stay up to date. However we never do a .0 release for Production. We always wait for a service release.
    12-18-18 10:06 AM