I've got a test BES 12 environment and have sucessfully activated BB10 devices. I wanted to see what an iPhone 5s looked like and happened to have one lying around. It does not have a SIM nor is it subscribed for phone service, but I did connect it via wifi.

I downloaded the BES app on the phone, I have the BES server set up with the APN stuff. I added IOS to my activation profile and gave it a go.

It looked like everything went correctly on the activation (I watched a youtube video) and it all seemed to go well.

On the phone I had an EAS mail profile? that matched my BES 12 system. When I click on it it doesn't show any email and says something like it was not able to contact the server.

I noticed that unlike my BB10 activations It never asked me for my users email password, just the activation password. Is the correct?

Did I miss steps? I just looked at a BB IOS activation guide and it looks like I did all the steps.

Any ideas of what might have gone wrong? Thanks.

Roveer
    01-22-16 10:35 PM
    How did you provision the iPhone? I am pretty sure those BES licenses are SIM Licenses?
    01-22-16 10:42 PM
    Not sure. I just bought BES 12 licenses, don't know which kind. I think I found the problem. in BES I have not finished the apple device enrollment program in BES Admin. I'm having trouble on apples site when I put in a verification email it keeps greying out the "next" option after I go past a certain number of digits in my email. May have to call apple about this.

Also tried Android but there's a whole long google domain registration thing for secure workplace as well.

Roveer
    01-23-16 01:54 PM
    There is only the Google registration for Android for Work. For secure workspace, like you have for ios there is nothing to register at all

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-23-16 05:17 PM