hi all, after I was so happy for a few weeks to see that finally TouchID (Fingerprint) worked on the Work Connect app on my IPhone - since yesterdays update of the Work Connect for BES 12 to version 1.0.20573.105 Touch ID has disappeared!

In the previous version in the settings section within the Work Connect App there was under Settings an entry for Touch ID - Protect Workspace. This is no more there.
    Who knows the reason or maybe how to get this working again?

Thanks for any help.

Regards
    Peter
    07-09-15 03:50 AM
    * same here
    Last edited by Oscho; 07-09-15 at 06:13 AM.
    07-09-15 05:19 AM
    Yeah WTF?? That was a great feature. No one here on the Admin side know why this has happened at my work. Does anyone have any release notes that may provide a reason?
    07-09-15 08:45 PM
    Hi All,

We've looked into the matter and it seems BlackBerry have pulled the Touch ID ability until such a time as IT Policy controls can be put into place.

I can only assume that a large customer of theirs complained about the inability to control the Touch ID integration.

(Brief) Details here: KB37249-Touch ID feature for Secure Work Space iOS devices

"BlackBerry is currently reviewing this feature and the ability to have an It policy to Enable/Disable the feature in case the feature is not allowed within an organization."

Best approach if you have T-Support with BlackBerry is lodge an enhancement request to bring back Touch ID. The more requests they receive, the faster they're likely to deploy a BES hotfix with IT Policy controls onboard.
    07-21-15 10:41 PM
    Also, why is this thread in the BBM group?
    07-21-15 10:41 PM
    Also, why is this thread in the BBM group?
    Not sure! Hope I moved it to the right place

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk
    07-21-15 11:03 PM
    Any news to this? On my BES12 instance, I've allowed Touch ID OR password, but users report their Touch ID settings in Work Space are grayed out and they can't use it? Latest version of iOS BES apps installed on their iFruits
    11-03-15 08:04 AM
    Any news to this? On my BES12 instance, I've allowed Touch ID OR password, but users report their Touch ID settings in Work Space are grayed out and they can't use it? Latest version of iOS BES apps installed on their iFruits
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...3115942/page/2 been reading this ...

Seems to be iOS 9 issue? I use BES cloud, so can't help, sorry.
    11-03-15 08:10 AM
    Thanks a lot for the thread, the only device my clients tested this was with iOS9.1

The bulk are still on iOS8.3

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 09:12 AM