I spoke with Verizon tech support and they say you cannot sync your Outlook calendar with the 8830, is this true? If not, how can this be accomplish?

Thx in advance.

p.s. I'm using the shared mail connector client for syncing with my work email.
    06-20-07 12:48 PM
    you mean the outlook client on your desktop or laptop? i just got an 8830 and have not had any issues.
    06-20-07 06:07 PM
    You need to be using BES services to sync Outlook with your 8830.
    06-20-07 08:47 PM
    you mean the outlook client on your desktop or laptop? i just got an 8830 and have not had any issues.
    I have a laptop. As best I can tell I have 3 options for syncing: (1) BES (2) Desktop Manager software (3) Mail connector.

The mail connector seemed to be the simplest one to use since it runs as a service on whatever pc/server you choose to install it. Plus the connector can be shared if our company decides to purchase more phones. I only need to add the users email address to the connector. I installed the connector on our corporate mail server since it runs 24/7. I think I mistakenly assumed this option would sync mail, contacts and calendar but it appears to only sync mail. In order to get additional functionality I'll need to use option 1 or 2. Option 1 is not cost effective at this point so I'll try option 2 though it appears the software must be installed on each individual PC/laptop and the machine must be running for any syncing to occur.

If anyone can shed more light on this or correct me where I'm wrong it would be greatly appreciated.
    06-21-07 07:58 AM
    I just started using the 8830 about two weeks ago. We are not using BES. Had some minor issues with sending corporate e-mails because of the security setup on our servers. With the help of BB we got them resolved quickly and all is fine with e-mail.

I sync my BB using Desktop Manager. After you go into the configuration to set it up it seems to work quite well. I synchronize to Outlook 2007 on one (company) computer and sync it with my personal computer using Outlook 2000. I Sync the address book, calendar, memo pad and tasks. Everything seems to be working fine so far. Twice I have noticed a duplicate contact on the BB and desktop, but can't be sure what caused that.
    06-25-07 03:53 PM
    I am attempting to sync my bb with outlook, but do not know what you mean by desktop manager software. What exactly is this kind of program, where do I get it?
    mm
    06-25-07 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD