Hello! I've just installed BES 10.1 and enabled Balance on my Z10 (os 10.1) for testing purposes. I was expecting to be able to set it so that work emails, contact and calendar items are visible only in the work space and vice versa. I think this would be very appreciated by users since they can have a stronger separation between work and personal lives.
    Is it something possible that I missed or is it actually not supported right now? I found something similar in other threads, but not updated to BES 10.1. Thanks!
    05-23-13 01:52 PM
    I just installed 10.1 and want to know too!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 09:05 PM
    You need to enable this via IT policy. Are you the BES admin?
    06-01-13 09:15 PM
    You need to enable this via IT policy. Are you the BES admin?
    Not to knock you down Sith, but I am too am looking for the answer to this question even though I am a BDSAdmin I have read through the new IT policies and have tried a bunch but haven't had any luck with separating work from play.

I am not in a rush to know, so I haven't bothered calling BlackBerry Support yet.
    06-03-13 09:10 PM
    Haha no worries. Let me play around and see what I come up with.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 03:53 AM
    Like Sith_Apprentice said you have to configure the IT policy you assigned to your device.
    In the Administration Service go to Edit IT Policy and click on the Software tab, I guess the first rule "Unified View for Work and Personal Accounts and Messages" is want you meant. You have to set it to disallow.
    06-04-13 04:54 AM
    There's no such option unfortunately. Two things are possible: first is what we have today, both mixed and password locked. And second, corporate liability where only work perimeter exists and no personal one. What is the big deal when you have both, I actually like it that way and work emails does not bother at all when perimeter is locked.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:34 PM
    There's no such option unfortunately. Two things are possible: first is what we have today, both mixed and password locked. And second, corporate liability where only work perimeter exists and no personal one. What is the big deal when you have both, I actually like it that way and work emails does not bother at all when perimeter is locked.

Posted via CB10
    Well the option IS listed in the IT policy and requires 10.1

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 03:27 PM
    Well the option IS listed in the IT policy and requires 10.1

Posted via CB10
    Care to tell us what that policy is?

I don't see any such policy in 10.1 or 10.1.1 in the IT policy myself!
    07-07-13 05:59 PM
    Care to tell us what that policy is?

I don't see any such policy in 10.1 or 10.1.1 in the IT policy myself!
    This should be what you're after.

Software->Rules for all Devices->Unified View for Work and Personal Accounts and Messages

Specify whether the BlackBerry Hub displays work and personal accounts and messages together in a single view. If you set this rule to Disallow, the device must display work accounts and messages in a separate view from personal accounts and messages in the BlackBerry Hub.

This rule applies only to BlackBerry devices with a version later than 10.1.0
    07-11-13 01:18 AM
    I doubt this option actually works.

We upgraded to BES 10.1.1.20 and my Z10 is running 10.1.0.2050.

The policy assigned to my phone has the 'Unified View' option set to Disallow and nothing has changed. Both work and personal emails show up in the hub. I tried battery pulls, rebuilding the hub, pushing the policy to my device etc.
    07-11-13 12:08 PM
    on 10.2 in Hub Settings > Display and Actions the very last option is Split work and personal accounts.... I wonder if that is the final piece of this puzzle
    07-11-13 01:14 PM
    Maybe this is key?:

07-11-13 08:48 PM
    CrackBerry have listed splitting the Hub when in the different spaces (Personal / Work) as a feature of the BB10.1 Maintenance Release that came out today, apart from in the US of course:

http://crackberry.com/whats-new-blackberry-101-mr

Can anyone confirm or disprove that?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:54 PM
    I just joined the BB10 Balance at work with my personal Verizon Z10(10.1.0.4687) and I now have a Hub-Work and Hub-Personal separated. I have to use "Switch to work" or "Switch to personal" to get to those hubs. I have an issue with this though, I completely setup notifications for email\BBM\texting for both work and personal, but I don't receive the notification (sounds\vibrate\led) from my personal if I am in Hub-work and vice versa. I have to keep switching all day to make sure I don't miss any important personal or business e-mails\texts\bbm\EIM during the day.

Does anyone know if this is a configuration issue or a bug?
    johnnyuk and r587123 like this.
    07-31-13 05:38 PM
    To be honest it sounds like yet another poorly conceived new feature implementation that solves one problem, work and personal messages mixed together, but introduces another - no personal notifications in the Work space and vice versa.

It's one step forward and two steps back with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 06:40 PM
    I do not understand the need for such a policy. Work and personal emails are not actually lumped together, it's just a view... it's not like one can give cooties to the other.
    08-08-13 02:28 PM
    Software->Rules for all Devices->Unified View for Work and Personal Accounts and Messages

Specify whether the BlackBerry Hub displays work and personal accounts and messages together in a single view. If you set this rule to Disallow, the device must display work accounts and messages in a separate view from personal accounts and messages in the BlackBerry Hub.

I can confirm that this works. I am on the 10.1 MR update for the Z10 and I had the "Switch to Work"/"Switch to Personal" thing happening. I requested that my IT department set "Unified View for Work and Personal Accounts and Messages" to Allow, and my hub is back to normal now, permitting me to receive notifications from both work and personal accounts in one hub view.
    08-12-13 12:59 PM
    It is CRAZY that "allow" is not the default setting. I am having to fight with my IT department to get this setting changed. I am constantly missing messages because of this new default setting. I thought BlackBerry was all about efficient messaging, this is just the opposite of that! This is my first blackberry (yes I am the one) and I am VERY frustrated by this.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 07:49 PM
    on 10.2 in Hub Settings > Display and Actions the very last option is Split work and personal accounts.... I wonder if that is the final piece of this puzzle
    Why is this option greyed out on my HUB?

I'm a BES-Admin too and already changed the "Unified View for Work and Personal Accounts" to "Allow" in our IT Policy, but the button is still greyed out. Is there another option to set to make it visible? The only way to split the accounts is to set the "Unified View.." to "Disallow".

My Z30's firmware is 10.2.0.429 and the BES runs under 10.2 (BAS: 10.2.0.33).
    01-30-14 04:19 AM
    Unified View for Work and Personal Accounts and
    Specify whether the BlackBerry Hub displays
    work and personal accounts and More... messages together in a
    single view. If you set this rule to Disallow, the device must display work
    accounts and messages in a separate view from personal accounts and messages in
    the BlackBerry Hub.

If you do not set this rule, a default value of
    "Allow (default)" will be used.

This rule applies only to BlackBerry
    devices with version 10.1.0.4160 and later. Less...

The default setting is allow. Have you made sure the IT policy applied properly? Did you create a new policy or edit existing? Also make sure the policy was applied successfully by looking at the tasks for the user in BDS. Make sure it was not optimized out.
    01-30-14 07:04 AM
    We never used the default policy. I made two policies on BES 10.1 (one for the users and one for the admins) and upgraded later to BES 10.2. Now I edited the admin policy and changed the "Unify View" to "Disallow" to split the HUB. It worked, but the "Split work and personal account" button was greyed out. I switched the "Unify View" back to "Allow" so the HUB got unified, but the "Split work and personal accounts" button is still greyed out. There are another two admin devices with this admin policy where this button is greyed out too.

In both cases the deployment of my admin policy was successfull.

Maybe I have to create a complete new policy...
    Last edited by jackzone; 01-30-14 at 08:06 AM.
    01-30-14 07:26 AM
    I am only guessing here, but that very well could be used for EAS accounts, NOT BES accounts. I cannot test this, but on my devices (always set to unified view), this is also greyed out.
    01-30-14 07:56 AM
    Hmm, that's strange. I set a device back to factory settings and the button is greyed out too - ok, that might be right, because there are no accounts set. But then I connected to our Notes Traveler (EAS) directly and the button is still greyed out. This also seems to be ok, because the EAS account isn't marked as a work account (missing the small suitcase icon on the right side).

So I think there must be a work account set on the device in order to get this button enabled.
    01-30-14 09:37 AM
    It is CRAZY that "allow" is not the default setting. I am having to fight with my IT department to get this setting changed. I am constantly missing messages because of this new default setting. I thought BlackBerry was all about efficient messaging, this is just the opposite of that! This is my first blackberry (yes I am the one) and I am VERY frustrated by this.

Posted via CB10
    Um FYI, BlackBerry is about security first and foremost, then immediately followed by efficiency ; this is why it's on Disallow by default - to protect corporate information from prying eyes.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-01-14 01:21 PM
32 12