Hi,

Some days ago we migrated from BES10 to BES12 by moving to a new server. To play it on the safe side we decided to set up all existing iPads using secure workspace on the new server manually. So from the old BES10 we removed secure workspace from the Ipad, then deleted all existing apps/settings etc. remaining on the iPad. Lastly we rebooted the iPad to be sure.

When setting up secure workspace on the iPad again, this time connecting to our BES12 everything went smoothly (i.e. app installation etc.) right to the point then the BES12 client asks about a password that should be assigned to the secure workspace on the iPad. It's that question

"Create a password for the work space on your device"

Once I enter the same password twice (two fields), and click OK after some seconds an error message appears

"Work space setup was not successful. Try again later by opening the BES12 client"

When I re-open the BES12 client I again get a prompt asking me to assign a password for the work space, so we're full circle here :-(

Please note that on the BES12 the iPad appears as connected including live data like battery gauge etc. so it seems the iPad has registered to BES12 successfully.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

Thanks much in advance for your help,
    -ebbes36
    02-03-15 04:10 AM
    Try to use a different password. maybe you use a password that is not compliant with the policy like 1234...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 10:39 PM
    This must be a policy related problem.
    02-08-15 04:00 PM
    I just upgraded from BES 12.0.1 to BES 12.1 and I just tried to setup my iPhone from scratch and I get the same error with trying to set the work space password. I can't believe this is a policy problem as it was working perfectly before. How did you solve your problem?
    03-06-15 04:12 PM
    it could be a policy related issue and the iOS client isnt displaying the error message as you would expect.

Look through the IT policies assigned to the device around the password policy to double-check everything is ok.
    03-08-15 02:48 PM
    Lucky or unlucky, it just "magically" started working. I didn't have to do anything, and after a while when I tried to test the problem and document, it could no longer be reproduced.
    aussienick likes this.
    03-08-15 09:55 PM
    Also had the same experience on IOS devices, once it loops it seems to be stuck for a while. However I have noted that if you leave the device a few minutes before creating the Workspace password after being prompted it appears to work. I presume there is something going on in the background & the install is getting ahead of itself.
    05-06-15 05:11 AM
    We noticed two things :
    1) workconnect app must be downloaded before ws password is inputed.
    2) after restarting bes12 client & WorkConnect apps everything is ok.

28051555 INC is opened on the BlackBerry Tech Support.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 10:08 AM