I cannot believe nobody has specifically posted an article or thread regarding this.

At my new workplace users use SAP heavily ... and considering I'm in I.T. I'll be training on how to use it, navigation, access pw resets and a few minor items regarding support. Since in this applications use, I'll only be considered initial point of contact, I will be working with my colleagues and Level 2 reps regarding migration from one carrier to another which will affect getting rid of BES5 and migrating the remaining 42 users at our site (much more globally) over to BB10.

So it got me looking up first in the BlackBerry World (I'm still getting used to how that works as a url), for SAP applications ... as a consideration for pushing from BES10, if and only if it has value to users while their mobile. Again it's brain fart for consideration and testing as I currently at this moment know NOTHING about SAP, however I would love to hear some insight from others as to it's worth at their work environments and specifically anyone that has or is using it on BB10 would be awesome.

Here is a video posted by SAP Enterprise Mobile youtube channel that I've found ... not too bad and awesome highlighting their BB10 app on a Z30.

PS: There is a big tie-in from John Chen and another executive staff member that I find odd no partnership or specific mention of either of them working with SAP. In particular is their Senior Enterprise Mobility Architect Jim Ing: I've personally seen Jim present live last year at the BlackBerry Dev for Enterprise roadshows here in Toronto ... and watching him tackle the technical questions and even show code on-the-fly to answer and quickly solve a developers question from the audience was outstanding. I hope BlackBerry was not stupid enough to let this guy go.

04-26-14 11:33 AM
    I moved this thread to Business a Users in hopes of getting the conversations started on it! And hopefully this bump will help.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-04-14 02:13 PM
    Let's hope so!

Finally the contract at work will be signed next week and then testing on carrier porting and implementing BES10 for all will be done - with Z30 in hand
    05-10-14 10:57 AM
    I'm actually in SAP Infrastructure Project Delivery and a big BB10 advocate.

One of my biggest clients is currently spinning off several projects specifically for BB10 and SAP. Right now most of them have passed basic unit testing - which means the functionality they want is definitely there. And they have developers running applications without incident.

I can't comment much beyond that at this point, as we only recently went to BES10 (which was not as smooth) and getting SAP going is a high priority item at this point. But I suspect we will start having it ready for our end-users around mid-July.

I have to confess at this point, I haven't been as involved with those projects:

SAP Brings Mobile Finance Apps to the BlackBerry 10 Platform | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

But there are a bunch of SAP applications for BlackBerry 10 that exist and they seem to be bringing more. SAP is very much module based, and module driven - where only some are accessible through mobile.

I saw some BI and BW modules were not yet on BlackBerry 10 but I haven't had a chance to look any further.

But I do know that SAP is very much on-board with BB10 and it is in their companies plans to stay close to BBRY.
    pkcable and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    05-10-14 12:40 PM
    The link provided is from summer 2013 almost exactly to the day 12mths ago. I'm well aware SAP and BlackBerry have worked very closely with developers to bring SAP apps to BB10. Here's to finding out more about development.

Shot from
    05-15-14 07:06 AM