And you are very welcome. At least you have more data to give to BlackBerry
    11-08-13 07:06 AM
    Very odd. Also it appears ONLY devices attached to Exchange can work, devices attached to Traveler/Domino do not. Even on that base64.
    Yes, but this special "signtest 3" mail I sent to you - I knew that that one will go through.

All messages signed by encryption gateways like Universal PGP, TOTEMO, SEPPMAIL, ENQSIG etc. will NOT work,
    also not on BB devices attached to Exchange....
    11-08-13 07:25 AM
    And you are very welcome. At least you have more data to give to BlackBerry
    Yes, thank you very much for your help :-) We have open tickets with Blackberry AND IBM :-) They are working on this and in their lab, they
    have "rebuild" the situation and can confirm the problems....
    11-08-13 07:27 AM
    Yes, thank you very much for your help :-) We have open tickets with Blackberry AND IBM :-) They are working on this and in their lab, they
    have "rebuild" the situation and can confirm the problems....
    Now just to get the word out about it. Please do as detailed a writeup in your original post (edit it) as you can. Include everything that has been tested, what works, what doesnt, error messages etc. I am going to try to get this sent over to BlackBerry (not through support directly)
    11-08-13 08:41 AM
    Now just to get the word out about it. Please do as detailed a writeup in your original post (edit it) as you can. Include everything that has been tested, what works, what doesnt, error messages etc. I am going to try to get this sent over to BlackBerry (not through support directly)
    Hi Sith,

Yes I will work on this tomorrow / during the next week.:-)

Thanks again for your help

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 01:06 AM
    Good Morning,

Has someone resolve this issue. I have a ticket open with BlackBerry but except to ask me a question by day they are doing nothing .....

Regards.
    12-19-13 10:08 AM
    No it is not resolved. Please sent me a PM and I will give you the name of the BB INC Rep to whom your ticket should be switched....
    12-19-13 10:12 AM
    No it is not resolved. Please sent me a PM and I will give you the name of the BB INC Rep to whom your ticket should be switched....
    This is unfortunate, and I am guessing still happening in 10.2.
    12-19-13 11:06 AM
    Hi sith, yes, it is still the case with BES10.2, and the newest leak as well....

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 12:55 AM
    Hello!

We also have exactly the same problem.

We're currently using BES 10.1 with IBM Traveler 9.0.0.1 and BB 10.2 Firmware.

Any news from the BlackBerry or IBM Tickets?
    12-30-13 04:29 AM
    Still working on it. Please oben another Ticket with RIM...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 11:55 PM
    Version 10.2.1.537 resolved the problem on Z10 devices .....
    02-04-14 02:36 AM
    For IBM Traveler:
    It looks like a Traveler issue.

For both SMIME signed messages Traveler sent

<MessageClass xmlns="Email:">IPM.Note.Traveler.Signed</MessageClass>

The IPM.Note.Traveler.xxxx values should be used by Traveler only when Note Native Encryption is used. For SMIME signed we expect to see "IPM.Note.SMIME.MultipartSigned" (see [MS-ASEMAIL]: MessageClass )

I checked the Domino SMIME signed document and it has

$NoteHasNativeMIME="1" that indicates that the document contains a MIME entity.

and

$MIMETrack = "S/MIME Sign by Notes Client ..."

For Exchange:
    Exchange activated devices have another issue. The developers found a root cause in the device OS and are fixing it now.
    02-05-14 08:12 AM
    Version 10.2.1.537 resolved the problem on Z10 devices .....
    No, it does not :-) validated by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    02-06-14 01:42 PM
    For me it doesn't work before and it works now, confirmed by me
    02-10-14 03:30 AM
    Send me your E-mail address via PM please. I will sent you a test mail...
    02-10-14 04:32 AM
    IBM and Blackberry are working together on this topic.
    The last response from IBM was:

Here's what we have learned from our investigation with BlackBerry.

BlackBerry 10.2.x devices aren't able to open the S/MIME emails because
    they are keying off of the MessageClass value. In 10.2, BlackBerry
    added support for Domino signed and/or encrypted emails. BlackBerry
    refers to this as Notes Native Encryption. Traveler sets the
    MessageClass to IPM.Note.Traveler.Signed for signed email. After
    10.2.x, BlackBerry tries to open any email with this MessageClass as
    a Domino Signed email. We compared the sync requests sent from
    Traveler to both 10.1 devices and 10.2.x devices and in both cases, the
    Traveler server sends the same value. Therefore, it appears the only
    reason users were able to open S/MIME (non encrypted mail ) with 10.1
    was because the device ignored the MessageClass value of
    IPM.Note.Traveler.Signed. The device can no longer ignore this
    value and still support Domino Encrypted / Signed mail.

As mentioned in the past, Traveler does not support S/MIME email and
    therefore does not utilize any of the MessageClass values for S/MIME per
    the specification.

Our investigation continues to see if there are any other options to
    resolve this issue other than Traveler providing full S/MIME support.
    02-12-14 11:43 PM
    So, nearly one YEAR after, the issue is confirmed by IBM, and they will not be able to correct this within the next half / full year...

IBM Notes and Domino wiki: Troubleshooting: Traveler S/MIME signed non-encrypted mails cannot be opened on BlackBerry 10.2.x devices

BUT - an official statement is now readable within the Wiki .
    07-20-14 10:14 PM
    Just adding some additional info which relates to the title of this thread since there are not that many about S/MIME issues.

We're having an issue at work with S/MIME messages not being recognised, simply because BlackBerry has decided that an optional feature of the protocol, MessageClass, should be used as the sole mean of identifying if a message is encrypted/ signed or not. We end up with S/MIME attachments which can't be opened in the Hub because there is no viewer. No such problem on iOS per example where messages are properly identified and opened and where certificates can be properly validated.
    10-24-14 07:17 AM
    To make it clear. This is NOT BB's fault. BB uses the right class. But the IBM Traveler can not handle it. Until 10.2 BB uses an old class which ignores the S/MIME Tag. It is up to IBM to corret this or up to Blackberry to build an Workaround. But finaly, it is IBM's fault. Please open up a new case with IBM and reference IBM PMR 78325,035,724 and Blackberry Ticket Nr. INC000027056766
    10-24-14 07:32 AM
    We're not using IBM Traveler. I'm just saying BlackBerry 10 is only looking for a certain MessageClass to determine if a message is encrypted and it's not smart enough to open S/MIME attachments without it.

EDIT: You're right, I should probably write about it elsewhere since this is only about signed messages
    10-24-14 07:54 AM
    Okay, youre right. In this case - i did not know that - it is really BB's fault :-) So open up a new case with BB and referenze my BB case ID
    10-24-14 07:56 AM
    Not really sure how you guys are using SMIME but I'm using with outlook with no problems. Once the cert was imported to the blackberry it worked fine. Just stating this incase someone trying to set this up with Exchange runs across this. It does work. You can read SMIME messages on BES10 devices.
    10-24-14 11:31 AM
    Not really sure how you guys are using SMIME but I'm using with outlook with no problems. Once the cert was imported to the blackberry it worked fine. Just stating this incase someone trying to set this up with Exchange runs across this. It does work. You can read SMIME messages on BES10 devices.
    If you set it up on bes you can also send them

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 04:29 PM
    Yes. but the problem is that it only seems to work with Exchange, just because their implementation seems to rely on an optional feature of the protocol. Exchange is not the only backend supporting ActiveSync.
    10-24-14 04:31 PM
82 1234