I have a strange situation, a Q10 user keeps getting device password error,
    he's been logging everday in using the same device password for several weeks
    now since he got the Q10. He's 100% certain that it supposed to be the correct password.
    We pulled the battery out to reset it, still the no go.
    He doesn't want it to be wiped, is there anyway we can reset
    the Q10 device password from the BES10 server?
    I can't find it anywhere on the server.
    Thanks
    07-10-13 09:20 AM
    Moved to the BES section to try to get you better help.

As far as I know there should be a way to remotely change the password. You can also do that through BlackBerry Protect.
    07-10-13 09:28 AM
    Device password is set from the device keyboard only.

The usual error causing unexpected failure is a "long press" on one of the keys generating an upper case character (A-Z) instead of lower case (a-z), or forgetting the Alt key for a true number (0-9) input.
    07-10-13 09:32 AM
    Lock the device with a password, then tell the user what that password is.
    07-10-13 09:32 AM
    Moved to the BES section to try to get you better help.
    As far as I know there should be a way to remotely change the password. You can also do that through BlackBerry Protect.
    Thanks for moving it. If you know how to do it remotely from the BES server, please let me know.
    07-10-13 09:54 AM
    Device password is set from the device keyboard only.

The usual error causing unexpected failure is a "long press" on one of the keys generating an upper case character (A-Z) instead of lower case (a-z), or forgetting the Alt key for a true number (0-9) input.
    I know he entered the password correctly, we watched every letter and number that displayed on the screen as he typed in 1 at at ime.
    07-10-13 09:55 AM
    Lock the device with a password, then tell the user what that password is.
    I just did that. After we reset it, it asked for the password as soon as we turned it back on, we entered, the BB accepted it, then it asked for the "device password" once again. We tried to enter the correct one that the user has been using all along but it's not accepting it. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by dbwster; 07-10-13 at 11:05 AM.
    07-10-13 09:56 AM
    I believe I tried the following.

Change their policy for "Use work space password as device password" to "Yes" from "No"

THen I set a work space password, which in turn forces it as a device password.
    07-10-13 11:43 PM
    Hi guys, I bought a new Q10 to-day, put in my usual device password, worked fine. Then when I downloaded the new device software, the password was somehow changed and I can't now access the device. First I became aware of this was when I tried to download an app from app store and it told me the device password was wrong. Can someone please help ?
    01-07-14 02:10 PM
    Hi guys, I bought a new Q10 to-day, put in my usual device password, worked fine. Then when I downloaded the new device software, the password was somehow changed and I can't now access the device. First I became aware of this was when I tried to download an app from app store and it told me the device password was wrong. Can someone please help ?
    Are you connected to your work servers? If not then this post should have its own thread in another part of the forum. If it is, you might also want to start a new thread just so your post gets the visibility it deserves.

That being said, welcome to CB!
    01-08-14 07:40 AM