Hello..
    I'm new in these parts so I hope this question is appropriately posted.

When I receive an email with an attachment and need to forward that attachment, is there any way to remove the original text and header info?
    Thanks in advance.
    04-13-07 10:32 AM
    Not that I have figured out. I've tried deleting before, but it won't let you.
    04-13-07 03:40 PM
    Thanks and sorry for the multiple post... didn't know if people stuck to just one forum or not.

You have any other workaround for forwarding an attachment and hiding original text? I may be dumping the blackberry if I can't solve this issue.
    04-13-07 03:51 PM
    I don't know of any other workaround, but maybe someone else will be along shortly with a solution.
    04-13-07 06:46 PM
    This might be a bit tedious however, what i do (I haven't found any better way) is that I open a new email and insert the attachment to that new email and then send it on. Since you can't get the text out of a forwarded message - which need to be changed in my opinion - at least this way you can send the attachment to the person you want to without unwanted text in the body. Make sense? Would that possibly work?
    04-13-07 11:51 PM
    This might be a bit tedious however, what i do (I haven't found any better way) is that I open a new email and insert the attachment to that new email and then send it on. Since you can't get the text out of a forwarded message - which need to be changed in my opinion - at least this way you can send the attachment to the person you want to without unwanted text in the body. Make sense? Would that possibly work?
    That would work. How do you do that?
    04-14-07 01:39 AM
    ..On a few occasions i have had the same issue. I copy the whole text without the email details etc from the previous sender. Place it all in a new email and then edit the text that way. It will allow you as you are composing a brnd new email. A pain in the a** but not that much of a big deal...

Try that
    04-14-07 02:15 AM
    Are your attachments large? Trying what tmag said above works. Basically choosing select and then copy from the menu. Then paste it into a new email. Make sense?

That would work. How do you do that?
    04-14-07 08:32 AM
    Are your attachments large? Trying what tmag said above works. Basically choosing select and then copy from the menu. Then paste it into a new email. Make sense?
    Makes sense, and that would totally solve my issue. I tried to copy and paste an attachment into a new email, but it only copied the text, rather than the actual attachment. What am I doing wrong?
    04-14-07 09:33 AM
    ..On a few occasions i have had the same issue. I copy the whole text without the email details etc from the previous sender. Place it all in a new email and then edit the text that way. It will allow you as you are composing a brnd new email. A pain in the a** but not that much of a big deal...

Try that
    Thanks, but the problem is that I often times need to forward attachments.
    04-14-07 09:34 AM
    It sounds like this work-a-round didn't work for you - sorry about that. I will keep my eyes open for another solution - I don't know of one..... Anyone else?

Thanks, but the problem is that I often times need to forward attachments.
    04-17-07 09:42 PM
    it's not possible. At all.

The only way is to just save the attachment to your device, then attach it to a new email that you just created .. Given that you're running 4.2 on your device.
    04-18-07 02:18 PM
    that OS 4.2 for your 8700 is HERE
    04-18-07 03:02 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback. I'm using a 7520 Nextel, but considering switching the 8800. Looks like I'll be ok for reasonable sized attachments.
    04-27-07 01:17 PM
    This drives me crazy as well.

Just a thought... I saw a post that discussed Beamberry (www. beamberry.com). Could you save to the device with that software and then reattach to new email?

Would have provided an actual link but cannot until I have 10 posts, please take the spacing out of the address above...sorry.
    05-04-07 11:56 AM
    This drives me crazy as well.

Just a thought... I saw a post that discussed Beamberry (www. beamberry.com). Could you save to the device with that software and then reattach to new email?

Would have provided an actual link but cannot until I have 10 posts, please take the spacing out of the address above...sorry.
    Good idea.. didn't work.
    06-14-07 11:40 PM
    Only real way is to select all the text in the original email, create a new one and paste the info. Then, edit that info before sending. A lot of work really...
    06-15-07 04:55 AM
    Yes. a lot of work and not a reaslitic workaround. Has RIM commented on this?
    03-19-09 07:06 AM
    I just checked, and the "delete original text" menu option when replying to an email does not work when forwarding a message (e.g., with an attachment). Not sure why this doesn't work. Maybe the forwarding has to keep the original messages intact for integrity? It would be a nice option though.
    03-23-09 12:44 AM
    yeap, deleting the message text is sometimes tedious, you have to sroll down to the original message and start deleting slowly. Sometime what I do is copy the stuff that I want to forward and paste it into a new message.
    10-18-09 08:56 PM
    I had this problem. I had to save the document to my device. I recd a prompt indicating that the document was larger than what the device could read, do I still want to save, YES. Then I started a new email and attached the document just saved.

Even so,it would have been better to be able to just delete original text as you can do when you reply and forward.
    01-28-10 05:00 PM
    is this what you guys are needing:

BlackBerry App World - Forward Reply and Edit

that will allow you to edit the message content when forwarding.
    02-05-10 11:19 AM
    isnt there a FWD REPLY & EDIT app that does this?
    02-10-10 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD