Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this issue - we get new BB users in the organisation who find that some of the recurring appointments from Outlook wont go into the handset. I have found the following article (i cut and pasted coz I cant post links apparently) which suggests that some recurring appts wont appear if they have been created "too far in the past" but im wondering if anyone knows how far back they can go before this "cutoff" ?? we're running exchange, bes 4 and 8700's on v4 as well.

Problem
    Most past Calendar appointments are not successfully wirelessly synchronizing between the BlackBerry device and the BlackBerry device user's mailbox. Some of the reoccurring appointments are synchronizing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause
    The reoccurring appointments had been created too far in the past when the initial enterprise activation was performed.

cheers
    M
    05-28-07 01:55 AM
    I'm not sure how far back it goes. But, why not just remove said item, and re-add it?

Rhetorical of course, because I understand if you had to do that, for multiple users and multiple items, it could take a while...
    05-28-07 04:07 AM
    thanks for you reply - yep granted - according to the kb article a wired sync should sort it as well once its been spotted - however youre correct we have alot of staff/alot of appointments with many attendees etc so it gets messy - plus we when we're activating them for a new user we cant be sure that all their outlook appointments are in there.

I guess there is no easy fix but it would nice to have a more definitive idea of what the time lines were so we could explain the limitations to people rather than being vague about why they missed their appointment.
    05-28-07 09:07 PM
    I wonder as well if it's also an issue because the recurring appointments don't have a set limit. For example it's a recurring appointment, and it's set to happen forever rather than something like, for 10 occurances...

Make sense?
    05-29-07 04:38 AM
    good call - I might try and test that out.

cheers
    06-01-07 02:48 AM
    are you using a BES and do you archive your exchange mail using Commvault?

Its a know Commvault fault.
    06-11-07 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD