Hi,

I'm kinda new to the BB administration and I want to improve our current Situation, because my boss thinking about dismissing BB and getting Windows Phone or Apple :-/
    Currently, we're using in our BB-environment(BES 5 and about 100 Devices) only Mail/Calendar/Contacts(Exchange) and IT-Policies (which disable almost every addition feature of the BBs..)
    So, as you need an Blackberry-ID to use BBM and to access the BB App World, I wonder how other Companies dealing with the BB-ID and everything that goes with it.
    You can't manage the BB-ID for every user through BES, right?
    Is it up to every user to create an ID? Do you have some kind of user-assignment which handle e.g. the support-request for the Apps from the user?
    (something like "[..] don't come to us, if an App don't work anymore[...] it's your problem, if you delete an App and you can't get it back. Even if you paid for it with your credit card[..]")

How are you handling the whole "App Situation"? I know it's possible to push apps from the BES to the devices.
    But as far as I know, you need the installation files which aren't easy to find.
    Or Apps with costs: do you need to make some kind of contract with the app-publisher in order to get the installation files? (that sounds kind of...strange)

Thanks for the answers!
    01-04-13 10:13 AM
    What I would recommend is that users create a new BBID, using their WORK e-mail address, and use that exclusively on their work BBs. Not totally sure how you could enforce that, or if there's a policy available (ideally, something that would automatically register a BBID on the user's behalf using their work e-mail).

If your company is using someone's apps, they need a license. That license may be free, it may be a nominal fee. I'd say that if you license apps from a developer, they would very likely be the best source from which to get the installer files.
    01-04-13 10:17 AM
    Ok, thanks for the answer. I talked to an other admin, yesterday. And it's totally up to their user to create a BB-ID and use the appworld. No real support for bought Apps though.. And if they leave the company, the bought apps are gone, of course.
    Well, we can't do that. It would probably cause a lot of trouble ;-D
    Guess I try to push the apps over the BES and try to talk to the publisher the get the installation files.
    01-05-13 05:45 AM
    users can change email address on BBID when they leave
    01-07-13 03:21 PM