Hello...I have 87 users on a BES 4.0. I'm sure this question has been posted but, is there any way to 'push' a contacts list to either the handheld or outlook? we have a public folder that contains all employees email, phone, etc that I would like to automatically populate to each employees personal contacts list and ultimatley their BB. thx --DD
    12-20-07 11:42 AM
    If you allow OWA from your BB browser you can go to http://exchange server/public

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-07 08:05 PM
    Not sure if there's a way from the mail server side, but there's not a way to do it from the BES side.

These user's have the ability to do Global Address book Lookups though...is this really necessary?
    12-20-07 08:34 PM
    No, it isn't necessary at all. Try telling that to the CEO though...

We have a DB sync that dumps all employees into a public folder...I looked at ecknowledge software to sync between two mail folders, but we couldn't get it to work from a public folder...something like that would work though. Sync a public folder to each users personal contacts...
    12-26-07 09:11 AM
    No, it isn't necessary at all. Try telling that to the CEO though...

We have a DB sync that dumps all employees into a public folder...I looked at ecknowledge software to sync between two mail folders, but we couldn't get it to work from a public folder...something like that would work though. Sync a public folder to each users personal contacts...
    Gawd...that sounds like such an awful way of making sure the CEO has everyone's contact.

I still say push the GAL lookup option as the best thing!
    12-26-07 10:12 PM
    Try Folder Mirror from Chapura. (www dot chapura dot com) It will take a public contact folder and make it a category in Outlook and on the Blackberry. Works quite well.
    12-27-07 04:11 PM
    WICKSoft Mobile Document , in addition to providing access to SharePoint, EDM, and file servers, also allows you to access Exchange Public Folders.

It allows you to access any and everything in Exchange, search folders (search for contacts, tasks, and emails) as well as synch with the handheld.

You can get an eval over at the WICKSoft website.
    05-20-08 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD