Hi guys, im a new one with BB, i have a question, is posible to save my documents in the secondary memory of my BB? can i do that?
    05-10-07 03:19 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

Yes, you can save you Office (2000, 2003 or 2007) on your memory card, BUT, you will not be able to read ANY of them from the device...

What you can do, is save notepad.txt versions of Word documents, and you can read those directly from the device...

The bottom line is, for Office documents, then device is like a car, to take the documents from one pc to another...

But, DataViz are about to release a Suite to accomodate this, and am hoping it will allow users to read documents directly from SD cards...
    05-10-07 08:35 PM
    there are online document hosting sites, that let you access your documents on the go, however, that means you have to have reception for your device to access it, and sometimes it can load a bit slowly. i'm trying out BeamBerry right now (since its free), but I think i'll be getting that DataViz Suite once its released...anyone have an idea of when that might be coming out??
    05-11-07 09:30 AM
    I'm a bit scared of online documents. What's stopping the hosting company from reading them? I suppose I should not store 'secure' documents on there...

No idea about a release date for DataViz. I've registered to be notified...
    05-11-07 10:12 AM
    Agreed regarding on-line documents. For private and secured information I would be very cautious.

Sorry, same as Navilyn....also don't know about Dataviz and have requested notification regarding release information.
    05-12-07 11:37 PM
    Just tried beamberry and tested with two attachments... a .doc and .xls.
    Both were very slow to open, and both were split into two pages. Not worth the time, even when free. I'd rather pay for a reliable service.

edit to add that this test was on my new 8830.
    Last edited by dtd; 06-14-07 at 07:00 PM.
    06-14-07 06:56 PM
    Can you save exel spreadsheets on you BB device?
    10-01-07 05:25 PM
    Try "Documents to Go". Our company offers it for free, but I think it is cheap for viewing and editting word documents including powerpoint on your blackberry
    08-18-09 05:20 PM
    Documents to Go is a great app. I use it Word a lot and it helps to be able to create a document when I'm out of the office. In the basic version you can only edit things you uploaded from your pc, but when you upgrade youcan create them on your BB.
    08-22-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD