Dear all,

I've been using a BB Z10 for a few weeks now and, honnestly, I feel like throwing it through a window ... most of you seem happy with it so I thought that maybe you could help.

My problem (and I'm not the only one facing it in my company, so it may be a server issue but I'm quite convinced it does not come from the device) is that BB Balance has been turned on which results in:
    - it takes from 2 to 5 minutes for me to access the work hub when it is locked: I enter the password, but the padlock remains on the screen for several minutes before I can reach my work emails
    - it also takes several minutes (usually 4 to 5) to access the personnal space: here there is no password but I usually have to make several attempts - once I'm finally in the personnal space, the device often sends me back into the workspace without any action from me (seemingly randomly)
    - if I do not, by my self, take the 5 minutes needed to access the personnal space, I do not get any notification from it. It means that, since the device has decided that SMS are personnal (which is actually most of the time untrue in my case), I can spend days before becoming aware that I received a message: I'm only notified when I decide to switch to personal hub (which I rarely do considering the time and patience required to switch between pro and personal spaces)

I've been looking for an answer on forums but cannot seem to find one, everyone outside my company seem to like this Balance feature and I guess they would not if they were experiencing the same issues as I do ... any idea?

Many thanks in advance! :-)
    02-04-14 12:46 PM
    Sounds to me like you need to talk to your IT person at work.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    02-04-14 12:51 PM
    Wild Flower,
    I've moved your thread to the BES10/Balance forum for better exposure.
    02-04-14 01:39 PM
    02-05-14 04:06 AM
    Sounds to me like you need to talk to your IT person at work.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Thank you :-)
    Do you have any idea of what they could have a look at? I've been bugging them quite a few times already but they don't seem to have a clue about the origin of my problem :-/
    02-05-14 04:13 AM
    The time delays that you are seeing when unlocking the Work space and switching between the Work and Personal spaces should not be there at all.

Something is very wrong and if several people are experiencing it on different BB10 phones then it's not the phones it's either the server configuration, server capacity or a network issue of some kind where you work.

Where you aren't seeing notifications for things that arrive in your personal space while you're in the Work space it sounds like your IT guys have separated Work and Personal PIM data so that they appear in their respective Hubs, not all one one Hub. Unfortunately that means you won't see notifications for texts if you spend most of your time in the Work space, that's just the way that configuration has been designed, and it does suck from a texting point of view.

Me I configure my user's BB10 phones so that the Work mailbox data is visible, and lockable, in both the Personal Space and Work Space. The work emails appear in the Hub of the Personal space as well as the Work space, but they lock after a set amount of time leaving just the other things visible in the Personal space such as texts and BBM.

This is the way Balance was originally intended to work in BB10 and I find that it's the most productive setup. It means you spend most of your time in the Personal space so you don't miss any notifications as they will all come through. You'll only visit the Work space to use the Work Browser or BlackBerry Work Drives or apps provided by your workplace to connect to internal systems.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-12-14 06:49 PM
    Wild Flower I sent you a pm.
    02-20-14 02:48 PM
    I'm set up the same way as Johnny above. It works really fast so I'm with him, betting on a configuration or capacity problem with your company servers.

SMS being classified as personal is a pain. Get your company to give you Regulated licences and then the phones are totally controlled by them, but you get copying and pasting to SMS back.

Z10 until Z30
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    02-20-14 03:40 PM
    Many thanks for your answers!!!
    I sent it to my IT department, I'll keep you posted :-)
    03-03-14 04:36 AM
    Many thanks for your answers!!!
    03-03-14 04:53 AM