Can anyone running the BES10.3 beta confirm whether or not there are policies to allow, disable or control the Picture Password feature?

For me running 10.2.1.1055 on a test Z10 activated on BES10.0 the Picture Password setting disappears from Settings as soon as it's activated and reappears when deactivated.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:11 PM
    I'm very interested in the answer, too!

Testing 10.2.1.1055 on a Q10 and a Z30, immediately I fell in love with picture password (among other features, of course...). BES10 activation brought a cruel breakup...
    11-20-13 06:30 PM
    This happens if the phone is set up on active sync as well

Posted via CB10
    Graheem likes this.
    11-23-13 09:30 AM
    This happens if the phone is set up on active sync as well

Posted via CB10
    So it does. I don't quite get it.

This is BlackBerry's first innovation in handset security in a decade but you're not allowed to use it of you use your phone for anything that looks work related?!

Is it flawed security after all? Or maybe it's unfinished in the .1055 leak.

Posted via CB10
    Graheem likes this.
    11-26-13 04:01 AM
    I would imagine as password criteria can be set by policy, letters, numbers and special chars, that the picture is not something that the BES can control so to remove that problem BB said remove the picture option.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    11-26-13 05:41 AM
    OK, fooled around a bit (STA100-2 and SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.1055, activated on BES 10.1.3).

BES10:
    "Picture Password" option gets unavailable, when IT policy rule "Apply Work Space Password to Full Device" is active. D'oh! That one comes in quite handy. "Simple Password" enabled (touch screen devices only) doesn't seem to change the game, neither does device encryption.

So, users that a) worship their admin and b) are within the squircle of trust could get an own IT policy ("Picture Password") with a fully encrypted device and a secure workspace. But they would have to secure their personal space without force. And, of course, would often face a locked work space right after unlocking the device. I'll have to think about that...

ActiveSync:
    Superfly_FR posted on that one earlier. Please read his thread carefully:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...e-sync-877068/

Summary:
    Mandatory "all-in-one" device passwords will kill picture password. For now. That's going to change, hopefully. At least, we could kindly ask for an IT policy rule "No Risk, No Fun: Allow Picture Password on Full Device"...
    Superfly_FR and johnnyuk like this.
    11-26-13 10:47 PM
    This is very pertinent now that 10.2.1 just rolled out. Thanks for the update and the suggestions on how to address the issue with the IT folks. Alas, our IT guys are so risk adverse, you can't use "device" and "fun" in the same sentence as its a form of corporate heresy.
    01-28-14 08:39 PM
    This is very pertinent now that 10.2.1 just rolled out. Thanks for the update and the suggestions on how to address the issue with the IT folks. Alas, our IT guys are so risk adverse, you can't use "device" and "fun" in the same sentence as its a form of corporate heresy.
    Does your company have any rules regarding password length, complexity etc? If not, you can show them how adding an extra layer of security (picture password for device, then work password for work side) can INCREASE security. That way you cannot brute force the picture password and get access to work content. Also even IF you get the picture password, you still wont get the work side content. Added security
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-29-14 06:27 AM