So I have three servers (VMs) currently:

BES 12.5
    Good Control/Good Proxy
    GEMS

To update these do I install UEM 12.6 on the BES 12 box, Good Control and Good Proxy 3.0 on that server, then BEMS 2.4 on the GEMS box? I want to keep these separate.
    01-04-17 03:39 PM
    My understanding is you install UEM on the BES12 box and point it to your existing Good Control DB and it takes over for both of those. Of course you'd want your GC to be shut down for this. I had no GC so I had my UEM create a fresh GC db, but something went wrong and GC just won't run, at least my BES stuff all still working while BB support looks into it.
    Installing or upgrading the BlackBerry UEM software - BlackBerry UEM - 12.6

You'd also upgrade your Good Proxy to a BB Connectivity Node as per below
    Upgrade Good Proxy to a BlackBerry Connectivity Node - BlackBerry UEM - 12.6
    01-04-17 04:10 PM
    Sizing wise it all could go on one, but the ideal scenario is that eventually it would be large enough that it would need to be split up based on their sizing recommendations.
    01-04-17 08:04 PM
    Hi all,

we are in the same situation like dpeters11. We also have BES 12.5, Good Control/Good Proxy and GEMS. In the last hours I tried to find out the way to upgrade to BES UEM on Blackberry.com documentations but as always the docs are no help.

Anyway, there are some basic questions:

-Is it possible to alternate the old infrastructure with BES UEM without using the Good infrastructure anymore?
    (A fresh installation without upgrading Bes12.5. would be no problem for us, but then we need a user/ policy migration scenario)
    -Is there anyone who has already done this?
    -What happens whit the licenses from BES12.5?

Thank you all
    Last edited by Jimbo195; 01-12-17 at 07:53 AM.
    01-12-17 06:23 AM
    Hi all,

we are in the same situation like dpeters11. We also have BES 12.5, Good Control/Good Proxy and GEMS. In the last hours I tried to find out the way to upgrade to BES UEM on Blackberry.com documentations but as always the docs are no help.

Anyway, there are some basic questions:

-Is it possible to alternate the old infrastructure with BES UEM without using the Good infrastructure anymore?
    (A fresh installation without upgrading Bes12.5. would be no problem for us, but then we need a user/ policy migration scenario)
    -Is there anyone who has already done this?
    -What happens whit the licenses from BES12.5?

Thank you all
    You don't need to use the GOOD infrastructure. The Good control service on my upgrade is broken and UEM works exactly the same as my BES12.5 it upgraded

You use your existing bes12.5 license so long as you have active maintenance, it is technically bes12.6
    01-12-17 06:49 PM
    The best place to look is in the Installation and Upgrade Guide:
    • “Supported upgrade environments”
    • “Upgrading an environment that consists of BES12, Good Control, and Good Proxy”.

Also, it’s important to note that if you upgrade Good Control and Good Proxy to 3.0, you will not be able to integrate them with UEM.

This BlackBerry Knowledge Base article may be helpful regarding licenses and upgrades: “How to upgrade your existing licenses to BES12 and BlackBerry UEM licenses”.
    01-17-17 02:48 PM