Hello,

My company has deployed a brand new SQL Server 2012 cluster, and as a result, I need to move the BES10 databases from the old SQL 2008 cluster to the new one. A quick Google search how to do this, brought me to this KB article:
    KB34608-Methods to move BlackBerry Configuration and Management databases to a new Microsoft SQL Server

There seem to be two methods to move the databases: through the installer, or manually. The installer-method seems to be the easiest one, so I think I'm going for that. The only question I'm having is that last time I ran a BES10 update, the installer didn't give me the option to change the database server. Do I need to download the BES10 trial again, and use that installer in stead?
    03-17-14 04:09 AM
    I'm trying to get you an answer.
    03-17-14 10:08 PM
    I'm trying to get you an answer.
    Much appreciated!
    03-18-14 04:51 AM
    Make sure you follow all steps exactly and it should work without issue. Remember you are running the same installer, not an upgrade installer. Also all services in the domain (so both servers in a HA setup) need to be stopped. Beat news, if method one doesn't work, nothing to stop you from using method two.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 05:16 AM
    A quick follow-up:
    I tried method one first, by downloading a new trial of BES10, in order to get a "full" installer in stead of the upgrade installer via the software download page. Unfortunately, this didn't work out as I hoped, because I didn't get to change the database location by running the setup. I recall that in earler versions of BES10, you did get the chance, but this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Over to method two. This requires you to run regedit, but all in all, it's not that difficult. Just follow the steps one by one, and you'll get there.
    Just one remark about step 9b: the command should be C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\as pnet_regiis.exe -pdf "appSettings" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10\Core".

Don't forget to test your database connectivity afterwards by logging into the BES10 Mgt Studio, and creating a user on both BDS and UDS.
    If this succeeds, you know for sure that BES10 has read/write access to the new database.
    04-07-14 02:21 AM