Hey guys,

I've gotten the illustrius *but easy* job of managing our company's BES server. A whopping FOUR users on it. One of them of course being the president of the company.

We use groupwise 7.0 with bes 4.1 I think, and every now and again the connector from BES to groupwise just stops (not the service, it's still running, just the communication between the two) and some people (not all) stop getting email and what-not pushed to them. (the some people varies..it could be all, or it could be 1 or 2)

Is there any reliable way to monitor and catch this before the end user does? As much as I like talking to the president of the company, I'd rather not get a call from him when his blackberry STOPS working, ha ha.

Thanks.
    04-25-08 06:57 PM
    Not sure if the settings are the same but on BES for Exchange under Server Properties you have BES Alert you can setup to recieve alerts. Also you can setup SNMP on your BES.
    04-26-08 07:03 AM
    Sam2500 is right! Plus you might want to ask Audit (a MOD) what would cause it to 'hang'. Not sure about Groupwise, never used it. I support 60+ users on BES / Exchange...

Ps: good luck with it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-08 07:27 AM
    Am I correct in understanding that when you use a BES you must also have a data plan from the carrier?
    04-26-08 03:14 PM
    Thats correct
    04-26-08 03:16 PM
    thaks guys ill check into the alert thing. Im sure its there somewhere.
    04-26-08 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD