Hello,

My company is getting rid of BES and using something called MobileIron. They say I will need to give up my BlackBerry. Is there anyway where I can use my BlackBerry with MobileIron?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:26 PM
    Direct your IT department to a replay of today's webcast from BlackBerry. Maybe they will understand the mistake they're about to make.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    11-13-14 06:30 PM
    Direct your IT department to a replay of today's webcast from BlackBerry. Maybe they will understand the mistake they're about to make.

Posted via CB10
    IT will not make the choice in this matter... the decision is generally taken by the higher ups taking into account money spent on protecting BYOD.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:41 PM
    Really don't want to give up my BlackBerry, so if anyone has any experience in working with MobileIron on a BlackBerry please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:45 PM
    IT will not make the choice in this matter... the decision is generally taken by the higher ups taking into account money spent on protecting BYOD.

Posted via CB10
    And they will be wasting money by not using BES 12. Here we have a customer who wants to bring his own device (a Blackberry and can't). BES 12 supports a wide range of devices. Better than MobileIron.
    11-13-14 06:55 PM
    No other MDM vendor has the ability to manage a bb10 device which is why you'll have to get rid of it. I thought I read that was going to change but not sure when.

I wonder what would happen if you side loaded the mobile iron android client app onto the bb10 phone (assuming it has one).

Posted via CrackBerry App
    11-13-14 07:39 PM
    I've already done that. Just waiting to sit down with IT next Wednesday to see if we can come to some sort of arrangement.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:19 PM
    I've already done that. Just waiting to sit down with IT next Wednesday to see if we can come to some sort of arrangement.

Posted via CB10
    Please keep us informed as to the outcome.
    11-13-14 08:34 PM
    OP, you should show your IT people this article and question their migration to an MDM solution that could let that happen.

http://m.crackberry.com/aviva-heartb...s-moves-bes-10

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3442 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-14-14 04:15 AM
    No other MDM vendor has the ability to manage a bb10 device which is why you'll have to get rid of it. I thought I read that was going to change but not sure when.

While it was announced as if deals had been done already it was actually just an announcement that BlackBerry are prepared to do a deal with another MDM vendor if any one approaches them with an interest. AirWatch, Citrix, and IBM were mentioned in the press release, as for whether Mobile Iron are interested who knows. So far there have been no further announcements, and that's telling.

All MDM vendors apart from BlackBerry seem to be more focused on BYOD solutions rather than Corporate Owned. There are far more non-BlackBerry devices being used in work places through BYOD arrangements than there are BlackBerrys being used in work places (whether Corporate Owned or personal). Other MDM vendors may look at the figures and think that BlackBerry's largely Corporate Owned market of BlackBerry phones is too small fry. Let's hope the Passport, the Classic and the next high end all touch BlackBerry phones change that.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3442 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-14-14 04:26 AM
    I spoke with MobileIron who said they support Blackberry devices. Let's see if my IT department agrees. Really, what I want to know is...can I still use a Blackberry for corporate email, without using BES. Does anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:35 PM
    Mobile Iron claim to support BlackBerrys but it's very basic support, so basic that most work places would dismiss it as a no-go.

If you have a BlackBerry 10 phone and your workplace have/allow ActiveSync over the Internet the you can hook the phone up to that for your mailbox to sync, if your IT allow it.

11-14-14 10:08 PM
    Yes blackberry supports your work email account. the question is will your work support you not using Mobile iron or bes to connect to your work email? They will have to approve your device's connection most likely on the server side.

You don't need an MDM platform like bes or mobileiron just to get work emails onto your phone.

11-14-14 10:10 PM
    Sideloaded MobileIron onto my Q10...registered and it switched my email to activesync. So, looks like it worked out...for now.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 06:24 PM