I need to start keeping a mileage log for my vehicle business use.

Has anybody tried using mileage tracking software for their blackberry? Have you been able to stick with it for the long haul, or did it get old real quick?

Any opinions/recommendations/insights on the best way to tackle mileage tracking would be appreciated....
    03-03-07 12:05 AM
    ..a few people at work, use a version of My Mileage Tracker. I personally have not used it, so can't comment in that respect...

But, I will say this, people at work complain that they forget to enter the information. Am sure it comes to you after a while of use...
    03-03-07 12:41 AM
    I rememebr the days of blank taxi receipts for expenses...my wife became very proficient at helping....
    todbanner likes this.
    03-03-07 04:04 PM
    ..a few people at work, use a version of My Mileage Tracker. I personally have not used it, so can't comment in that respect...

But, I will say this, people at work complain that they forget to enter the information. Am sure it comes to you after a while of use...
    I would say mileage tracker will do the job. I have a few friends who use it.
    03-03-07 05:40 PM
    That is a pretty sweet resource. Will definitely help when I start making those 600 miles a weekend trips I used to make last year. Woof.
    03-07-07 12:59 AM
    Wow..Ok...I just looked into this a bit more and found several Mileage Trackers in addition to the My Mileage Tracker mentioned above...

TrackIT: Vehicle Edition
    MileageManager
    VehicleTracker for BlackBerry
    Mileage Tracker Pro

I think what I should do is try ALL OF THEM. Then we can do a shoot out of all of the packages and see which offers the most bang for the buck and is most friendly to use on the berry. Final product can be a software review post for the blogs. I think that could be time well spent!
    03-07-07 06:56 PM
    Awesome links Kevin, thanks!
    03-08-07 01:12 AM
    I would be interested in knowing if any of the programs can be exported into MS excel or other spreadsheet program. I have a great program on a pocket PC unfortunately I keep leaving it at home but never without my BlackBerry.
    03-15-07 03:59 PM
    Just an idea. I spent over 2 year OTR and did it the old fashioned way. Hit the trip before I leave and the rest is self explanitory. I logged well over 1000 miles/week and never really missed a beat. When I did I just dug up an old exp rep to cross check some mileages with some gas fillups and gtg. Towards the end the accountants were like mapquest this and randmcnally that, and I was like what about that dinner off the highway that makes great pancakes at 5am when you are still in bed at home?? In the end it never mattered what anyone said the drove lol.
    03-22-07 08:19 PM
    Old fashioned way??? What fun would that be. We are crackberry addicts and we want out crackberry to be able to do everything!
    03-22-07 10:09 PM
    for what it's worth, I use the Track IT vehicle edition program and love it. It can be exported to Excel and it simple to use. I like the interface because it can be color customized, use multiple vehicles, and track car maint. I programed my convience key on the 7100i to lauch it. We drive a lot of miles for my business so it is easy to use and great. Have been loyal to it for over 9 months. Don't know about the other programs as I have been happy with this one. Hope it helps. Johnny-D
    03-28-07 02:13 PM
    Cool Johnny. Definitely helps! I think Track IT will be the first program I give a go with.

And welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    03-28-07 02:17 PM
    I have used Excel in a pocket PC to track my mileage and it's been basic but very easy and usefl. Do you know if any of the suggested mileage software programs enable you to designate some of the day's mileage as business vs personal without having to track every trip during the day. I am used to simply calculating the daily mileage and then estimating how much is business vs personal.

Thanks
    04-09-07 09:16 AM
    Any updates on this? I was hoping that there was a free app available, but if I have to pay, I want to hear more feedback on what is worthwhile.

I need the mileage tracking, but am very interested in the maintenance tracking as well. Do any of them have the ability to set reminders for the maintenance items?

Kevin (when you get back), are you still considering a shoot-out? I, for one, would love to see it. Good reviews are like gold.
    01-01-08 08:31 PM
    Hey Kevin,

I'm getting better at navigating the site. I noticed that this is an old thread, so I searched to see if you ever did a review. No one has. I would be intersted in knowing about actual usage of mileage software. I own my own truck and trailer. I'm looking for something that would track mileage, maintanance, fuel, load info, etc.
    Thanx, this is a great site.
    03-14-08 09:40 PM
    Like the previous user I would like to see how the comparisons came out on these mileage trackers. Right now I am just writing things down in a logbook, but it would be nice to track it on my Curve. I have downloaded a trial to TrackIT but I have seen it is hard to backup and I really can't afford to lose this data. Why is it not included in the usual BB backup? Any help on this would be appreciated.
    04-08-08 02:38 PM
    If you have a GPS-enabled phone, check out GPSed. I just found out about it yesterday but it looks very promissing!
    04-11-08 11:11 AM
    Kevin, I see your posts are from 2007. Did you ever find out which was best?

TrackIT: Vehicle Edition
    MileageManager
    VehicleTracker for BlackBerry
    Mileage Tracker Pro

Thanks!
    04-20-08 12:50 PM
    This thread seems to have died in 2007. Can anybody give any reviews, positive or negative, on Mileage Tracking software? Anybody found one they really like or any of them that have problems?

Any information is appreciated.
    04-25-08 06:35 AM
    I would be interested in knowing if any of the programs can be exported into MS excel or other spreadsheet program. I have a great program on a pocket PC unfortunately I keep leaving it at home but never without my BlackBerry.
    TrackIt: Vehicle Edition is capable of being exported to an Excel file--though I've never tried it.
    06-18-08 04:40 PM
    Now there is a better way. Simply go to convergewireless or type in MyMileageGenie - Download Free trial version. Now you can "Punch In" at the beginning of the day and "Punch Out" at the end of the day. MyMileageGenie keeps of your travel miles for you.
    07-14-08 02:13 PM
    Now there is a better way. Simply go to convergewireless or type in MyMileageGenie - Download Free trial version. Now you can "Punch In" at the beginning of the day and "Punch Out" at the end of the day. MyMileageGenie keeps of your travel miles for you.
    Great if you have a GPS enabled phone, I guess . . . but if you're on verizon, fuhgeddaboutit.

I, too, would be interested in a mileage tracking app. Documents to Go is apparently available, and thta offers the import-ability to my expense sheets to my laptop ... which may be the way to go.
    07-29-08 10:01 AM
    If you have one on your pocket PC but want to use it on your BB and be able to sync with your Excel. You'll have to create the spreadsheet on your PC or Mac and then sync it over or vice versa.

It might be a little work, but in the end you get what you want.
    08-23-08 10:29 PM
    As previously mentioned, this isn't all that great on phones w/o GPS, like my wifi-enabled 8320 through T-Mo.

I have since taken to using Jott. Even now that it is out of beta, I can easily get a quick "log entry" within the 15 second limit. Of course, it still requires me to do an additional step later - but at least I capture the data via a painless voice activity. And let's be honest, keeping a log is anything but painless otherwise.

I just wish that some handy developer would create a Jott Link that would send items to a .csv file - or at least to some database that could generate a .csv file. ....If I had the skills/time, I would do it! Then you could keep logs of any kind very easily!
    08-24-08 07:11 AM
    I use MileageMeter to calculate the fuel mileage of my hybrid car. Get an average of 47.8 MPG over the last 15000 miles Overall I am pretty happy with the application. You can get MileageMeter here or get a free trial version here
    10-27-08 10:21 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD