Ive taken over a BES5.03 environment and it's rather large - setup is like this:
    4 primary running all component services
    4 failover all components installed
    not using Singleton- console has URL for LB of 3 of the primary servers
    On VMware
    Every afternoon, it takes upwards of 4 minutes to get into the console and still longer to do anything. I've installed this in a much smaller environment but larger than any one of these servers is running and I think there should be a much better way. I've been reading the docs again but I'm looking for a best practices or something for High Avail with this type of environment; any help with documentation appreciated.
    01-15-13 02:15 PM
    2 VM's, (1 Primary + 1 Standby) 1 SQL or a current SQL server. Make sure the SQL server is on a different VM host or server than the BES servers. I think first thing is first, look into why it is set up that way.
    01-21-13 12:47 AM
    High availability comes at a cost. The best high availability product I have seen is from Neverfail.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-25-13 10:35 AM
    The BlackBerry Technical Support Center (BTSC) has plenty of knowledge base articles. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc

Search terms: BES high availability configuration

Also read the BlackBerry English (EDIT: Enterprise) Server 5 Installation, Configuration and Administration manuals which can be downloaded from http://www.blackberry.com under Support and then Manuals.

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by kill_9; 03-08-13 at 09:26 AM.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    03-06-13 08:22 PM
    Ive taken over a BES5.03 environment and it's rather large - setup is like this:
    On VMware
    Every afternoon, it takes upwards of 4 minutes to get into the console and still longer to do anything. I've installed this in a much smaller environment but larger than any one of these servers is running and I think there should be a much better way. I've been reading the docs again but I'm looking for a best practices or something for High Avail with this type of environment; any help with documentation appreciated.
    How many users are we talking about? All one site? Email servers in one location?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 02:33 AM
    On VMware
    What is the configuration of your VM Host server(s) and how have you configured the guests?

Sounds like you have a resource issue with your VM guest servers and may need to upgrade the host servers. We been buying HP servers with two 16 core CPUs and loading them with the max RAM and using them as our VMWare host machines which works really well!
    03-07-13 06:02 AM
    OP, how's your situation going? keep us updated
    03-07-13 01:04 PM
    Assuming all servers are using the same configuration database, stop ALL BAS services excepting one server. Test logging into BAS again to see if it is faster.
    03-08-13 07:03 AM