I am leaving my small healthcare company and it was my blackberry so we are severing it from the bes. I know the IT guy and we had the express software so it was just my berry on the server.
    When I upgraded the software awhile back I had to reactivate against the enterprise server. I noticed that before I did I lost one of my BB Messenger contacts that was added after I had joined onto the BES.
    So my question is - when I am removed from the BES server here in about a week what will happen to all of the contacts and so forth that have been added after I joined or linked up with the BES. I realize it will not wirelessly update and so forth which is fine. Will I lose contacts and datebook entries and so forth that have been added? I guess I also realize I would lose any datebook entries entered in under "desktop" which is why I have not been doing so. I have added in about 4 people to messenger lately and would not want to lose them.
    I guess I'll be writing down some PINs just in case........
    Thanks,
    08-07-08 05:37 PM
    You could save the address book of your desktop and email that file to yourself then recover it at your new place of employment. As far as your BB messenger contacts; you may lose those if the losing company wipes your device so gathering the PINs and email addresses of your peers that use BB messenger may be worthwhile. I hope that helps....
    08-08-08 10:52 AM
    The company does have the ability with BES to remotely wipe your device and all the data on it. I would suggest using desktop manager to do a backup of your device and copying that file onto a thumb drive to take with you, just in case. I don't know if it backs up your messenger contacts though. But... if they just remove you from the server, it shouldn't mess up anything on your device.
    08-08-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD