We managed an Enterprise Server for a home builder. So far most everyone loves it. There are a couple of people though that have an issue with how it marks "read" emails.

There are guys in the field that were used to the "pre-Enterprise" setup that allowed them to look at the email and not have it mark the email as read on the email server. Now that we have Exchange and Enterprise, when they read the email on their phone, it marks it read on the Exchange Server.

Is there any way that we can setup the Enterprise Server for these few people to where it will not mark the emails read when they read them on their handheld?

Thanks!!!
    03-13-08 12:06 PM
    No answers yet. Thats a shame as I have a similar request. I have users that read email on their BB, then subsequently mark it as Unopened on their BB. When they get back to Outlook the email is marked as Read, NOT Unread.

Hope someone has an answer....
    04-02-08 03:31 PM
    I just tested this, marked an email on my BB "Mark Unopened" and the message in my inbox has changed to "Mark Unopened". On your BES check your settings under Messaging.

Wireless Message Reconciliation Enabled:
    Set to True to turn on wireless message reconciliation on this BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Set to False to turn it off. When this feature is turned on, message moves, deletions, and read and unread marks are reconciled wirelessly between the BlackBerry device and the desktop email program.
    04-03-08 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD