I'm trying to deploy a new IT policy
    I'm forcing passwords(I know), 5 characters, 90days , and some banned words

when I push it to me, it asks for my keystore password, and it only accepts the password I used weeks ago(I change often). How do I prevent this? how do I change the keystore password?

I have a 2gb media card in my 8320, I don't see any IT policies to force encryption of the media card. I see external media encryption in the 'security policy group' but when I go to media card in options>media card, nothing is locked.

thanks in advance
    12-18-07 04:34 PM
    your "keystore password" is for the place on the BB that stores certificates (S/MIME or application). I can't remember off the top of my head any IT Policy rules to change this, but go to blackberry.com/btsc and search for "policy reference guide"...it'll tell you all the IT Policy options.

As for media card encryption, chances are, you don't need it....this doesn't encrypt things that are dropped on the card via Mass Storage Mode, and thus, really limits it to music/pictures....so unless your staff is taking pictures of top secret stuff, is it really going to matter if its encrypted?
    12-18-07 08:03 PM
    your "keystore password" is for the place on the BB that stores certificates (S/MIME or application). I can't remember off the top of my head any IT Policy rules to change this, but go to blackberry.com/btsc and search for "policy reference guide"...it'll tell you all the IT Policy options.

As for media card encryption, chances are, you don't need it....this doesn't encrypt things that are dropped on the card via Mass Storage Mode, and thus, really limits it to music/pictures....so unless your staff is taking pictures of top secret stuff, is it really going to matter if its encrypted?
    I'll look at the reference guide. I'm not sure what I'm turning on, that's forcing that to come up. I had tried playing with S/MIME but removed it; and I'm not currently using any MDS apps.

Media Card....I have a number of users to spend a lot of time in China and other locations where copyright laws and such don't matter much. I'd like to force encryption, so that even if the card is removed from the device, someone can't read any content on the media card.

As we can put a 4gb (possibly larger) microSD card in the BB, and they can use it as a mass storage device on their unit; they no longer have to carry as many other storage mediums.

any idea...if I wipe my BB will the media card wipe?
    12-19-07 08:28 AM
    Hi I am very new to blackberry so please accept my apologies I have an 8310 and its asking for a keystore password for facebook I don't remember ever setting on up I am on my 6th attempt, Ihave searched O2 website and RIMS I have looked at the user tools ID and I cannot find it please can anyone advise I would be so grateful

Thanks

Sarah
    01-12-08 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD