This may seem CRAZY, but for the last 2 days i have been trying to activate a red torch 9800 from ATT onto our BES (BES 4.1.6.22) the phone would say contacting server and then would time-out. Without luck, i thought that it could be the device, so went back to the store and switch out the device and still no luck. Now i have tried activating BES on 3 different red torch with no luck.

The black torch does not have any issues, i can add the user's name and password and it would activate.

Today the store got a white torch in stock. I went down to see if i can get it activate with our BES and it its acting like the red one!!! OMG!!! its a conspiracy!!

Just want to know if anyone else have ran into this issue?
    11-17-10 02:38 PM
    Bizarre. So this is a wireless activation attempt? Have you tried wired? The fact that another device activates with the same user means provisioning is correct.
    11-17-10 09:03 PM
    The device may be provisioned for prosumer only and not enterprise. Or the device could be not activated. The network operators helpdesk should be able to check these for you.
    11-18-10 08:24 AM
    The device may be provisioned for prosumer only and not enterprise. Or the device could be not activated. The network operators helpdesk should be able to check these for you.
    ? you mean if the plan is a BIS and not BES?

The things i have tried here is that i have 3 torch, red, white and black. using my SIM card, on the black device, i am able to activate the enterprise account. Then i would move the same SIM card to the red device and try the same thing, activation would fail, the phone would say "contacting server..." then give up after a few minutes. I went through 3 different red torch and 1 white torch at the store and they all failed. then i asked the store for another black device and it activated instantly......
    11-18-10 10:37 AM
    Your right you do need BES on the SIM and not BIS. But also the device needs to be provisioned for Enterprise and Prosumer or just Enterprise. But not just Prosumer. Mist BB's now come dual provisioned, but not all. I also had one the other day that would not activate. When I called (someone good) at the network operator, they said that the device was not activated on the NOC. So that's worth asking as well.
    11-19-10 02:25 AM
    interesting, i will look into this later today when i get another Red Torch to test out. i was also planning on updating the firmware from .246 to .337 hoping that it would help.
    11-19-10 09:10 AM
    Wouldn't think the color would have anything to do with it but who knows, stranger things have happened.
    11-19-10 09:16 AM
    ok figured out the issue

For some reason the EPT.dat file that was being sent from blackberry to the user's email account was being flag by our spam filter, and our filter was changing the subject line, adding *** SPAM *** on the subject. So this was the reason why the Red Torch was not able to activate. But if i try to activate a 9700 or a black torch, the EPT.dat file was not marked as spam. Now messages from blackberry is marked as not spam on the spam filter, things seems to be working now
    11-19-10 03:56 PM
    The spam filter systems LOVE to eat the EPT messages...
    11-23-10 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD