Hi,

New forum member here. Sorry if this is a repeat post. I've searched and couldn't find any topics on this.

I'm leaving my company on Friday and want to disable BES. They say they won't be able to do it until Monday! But I want to be able to activate BES with my new emplyoyer on Monday.

Is there any way I can cut the cord myself?

-Mark
    02-07-08 05:19 PM
    Hi,
    You can always wipe the device. That removes any connection you had with a BES.
    02-08-08 04:55 PM
    The only way is to wipe the device. Until you do that your security settings (set by the current BES) won't let you activate on a new BES.
    02-28-08 09:19 PM
    hmmm.....delete all the service books( options > advanced options > service books.... highlight an entry,press menu and then delete....call your isp and get them to release the pin number on the blackberry and assign a new pin...give that information to your administrator in the new company and all should be fine....let me know how it works out.
    03-07-08 07:59 PM
    Ask your present employer to send you a new blank I.T Policy. That give you full permissions on your BlackBerry, in addition, once they remove your account from BES, you'll be able to connect to ANY other BES without a problem...
    03-07-08 08:13 PM
    I am in a similar situation. Only I have left the company already and I am not hooking up to my current employers BES. The former company deleted my connection from the server side on the BES, but how do I clear any setting they may have had?

If I wipe the phone does that clear my address book and any message I currently have on there?

Thanks for the help.
    03-29-08 05:17 PM
    03-29-08 05:35 PM
    Awesome thank you!
    03-29-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD