Hello to All,

Good to hav such forum to help a user like me...

I've just been provided with a BlackBerry 8700 by my Company. I m a resident of PAKISTAN & our service provider is Mobilink..

We hav our very own BES Server at our office premises..

After the brief intro, I need to know if I do mail from my handheld to another address on my domain, how long will take to reach there ?? & what is the proceedure, I mean, does my email first travel to my BES, then goes in my Exchange & then hit the SRP ??

I hope, I am making sense..

A detailed reply will be appreciated.

MAK
    05-23-07 06:31 AM
    If your using BES then it's almost instant. I get e-mails on my Blackberry sent to my BES domain address before it shows up in Outlook 99% of the time.
    05-23-07 07:22 AM
    Thanks Audit.

What if i m getting emails frm any private address (like Gmail) ? how long will it take ??

Actually Bro, I m also administratring it, So what I notice is that, whenevr I got an email in my outlook, almost 3-4 mins later (sometimes more than that) I got that email on my handheld. I'd tried a bit to figure it out but invain.

Do u hav any idea bout it ?

MAK
    05-23-07 07:53 AM
    What kind of email service are you using. Like Audit said, if you are on BES, it should be instant, regardless of how the email was sent. Now it make take a while for the originating emails server to send it out, but once it hits your server on BES it should be instant.
    05-23-07 10:16 AM
    If your Gmail is set up as a push account, you should be getting that instant, as well as anything that is sent to your BES account. I've never been on a BES or managed one, but is there any setting for mail delay or how often mail is forwarded to handhelds?
    05-23-07 01:02 PM
    *What kind of email service are you using*

We r having MS Exchange at our end... & as I said earlier it took around 3-4 min to receive email at BlackBerry after getting it already on Outlook.
    05-24-07 07:54 AM
    Plus I would like to add a recent observation.

I got three mails at my handheld at the same time, first mail was already read by me at outlook before 40 mins, second mail was already read by me before 30 mins, but the third mail was instant.. that mail hit my handheld & outlook at the same time...

Where is the problem ??? Any Idea???

I do hav almost 60 users configured in my blackberry Enterpise Manager.
    05-25-07 12:56 AM
    I think we need to take a step back here...

Firstly:
    If you're using a BES, the emails should be instant, period! No matter who / what domain the email is coming FROM. It that's not happening, then there is an issue on your BES / DNS / routing...

Secondly:
    If you have a BIS account setup as well (through your service provider), and someone emails that address, again, it should be INSTANT, period!

Thirdly:
    If you have a personal pop3 account (like GMail), and it's setup in BIS, it's instant, period! IF it's a Yahoo paid subscription account, again, instant, period!

Lastly (otherwise I'll be here all day )
    If an email comes from ANY domain to your BES account, it should be delivered instantly, period! - notice how I repeated this one? If this is not the case, you'll have to look at your BES and logs to see where the hang up is. Normally 99% of the time you'll get the email on your device BEFORE Outlook (or whatever client you're using) see's it...

Clear as mud? LOL
    05-25-07 07:13 AM
    Ok my head hurts after reading that Nav, I guess doing a Exchange Data Recovery with just the .edb file all week has finally burned me out.
    05-25-07 07:20 AM
    I've still got a headache from writing it. Plus it's Friday, and the weekend is about to start! I hope they let us go early today...

Ok, back on track - sorry for side stepping the topic...
    05-25-07 07:21 AM
    We're in IT, we never get to leave early. At least I don't, I'm working all weekend and then coming in Monday and have plans to be in the office until Wed straight.
    05-25-07 07:35 AM
    Thnx to both Audit01 & Navilyn for your kind support .. by the way yesterday I re-installed my BES Server & getting smooth results finally.. I'm receiving mails in no time, as swift as i always wants it to be,...

BTW Navilyn, audit01 is 100 percent right, IT people even gotta go office on sundays... I m badly missing my sundays of college days ...
    05-29-07 01:07 AM
    audit01 had to work on Thanksgiving with his family in his office because his exchange server's drive started burning. He spent 16hr's in the office building a new server and moving everything over to it.

(no I'm not talking in the 3rd person, he's recovering from a stroke so I'm handing his forum duties for hime since he has over 15 that he manages and moderates)
    05-29-07 01:25 AM
    i just bought 2 8330's. we use sprint for our mobile service and cox for our home e-mail.

i've sent a test e-mail to both phones from my desktop. it get's to one in about 3 minutes, the other 8330 still hasn't recieved it 20 minutes later.

what might cause that?
    07-06-09 07:22 PM
    Most of the time it depends on the email server
    10-18-09 08:52 PM
    Firstly it depends on the provider which you are using basically it takes 15-20 minutes after they're received in the browser.

With POP3 getting messages on phone before they even hit my computer.
    03-16-10 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD