Could somebody post a step by step on how to add a Hotmail account on the BES 10 cloud with the proper host name for a Hotmail account? Also could you show step by step on the phone side after linking the Hotmail account to a device? I got this far before but I keep getting a not in use message in my Hotmail account on my work side. Does this email have to match the email I signed up to BES cloud with originally?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 10:32 AM
    s.hotmail.com

Should work just like Outlook. Realistically, Hotmail and Outlook -- there's no real difference. Outlook servers all use Hotmail servers anyway. As for your device, well you just set up the email account as you would normally. Instead of asking you for the email password, it will ask you for the admin password that you set when creating the EAS Profile. And yes, the email should match or you should create an user account with a matching email.

Eg: User account Bob Hotmail should have an email address of [email protected] and EAS profile of [email protected]
    s.hotmail.com

Should work just like Outlook. Realistically, Hotmail and Outlook -- there's no real difference. Outlook servers all use Hotmail servers anyway. As for your device, well you just set up the email account as you would normally. Instead of asking you for the email password, it will ask you for the admin password that you set when creating the EAS Profile. And yes, the email should match or you should create an user account with a matching email.

Eg: User account Bob Hotmail should have an email address of [email protected] and EAS profile of [email protected]
    Sith_Apprentice and zephyr613 like this.
    04-29-14 11:39 AM
    s.hotmail.com

Should work just like Outlook. Realistically, Hotmail and Outlook -- there's no real difference. Outlook servers all use Hotmail servers anyway. As for your device, well you just set up the email account as you would normally. Instead of asking your for the email password, it will ask you for the admin password that you set when creating the EAS Profile. And yes, the email should match or you should create an user account with a matching email.

Thank you for your reply! That answered my questions. It also led me to one more question though. If you don't input your email password on your phone where do you input it on the BES 10 server so you can actually log into it? It just seems that neither end is asking for you Hotmail password..
    I just thought of something.... when you set up the user on BES 10 cloud do you use your Hotmail password as your password? Crap I wish I was home to try it...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 12:12 PM
    Thank you for your reply! That answered my questions. It also led me to one more question though. If you don't input your email password on your phone where do you input it on the BES 10 server so you can actually log into it? It just seems that neither end is asking for you Hotmail password..
    I just thought of something.... when you set up the user on BES 10 cloud do you use your Hotmail password as your password? Crap I wish I was home to try it...

Posted via CB10
    Once the process begins and it sets up your work space, it does eventually ask you for your real Hotmail password. But yes, you could essentially make them all the same. It will still however, still ask you to input it.
    04-29-14 12:15 PM
    Once the process begins and it sets up your work space, it does eventually ask you for your real Hotmail password. But yes, you could essentially make them all the same. It will still however, still ask you to input it.
    Ok thanks for the tips! At least now I know the step by step process. I'll try again when I get home.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 12:21 PM
    Keeps saying the server s.hotmail.com, port 443 can't be reached.

I am lost for ideas now.......

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:08 PM
    In the Exchang Active Sync profile I see the "name" field has a red dot beside it. Does it matter what you put in this field?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:17 PM
    Should ssl be checked off?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:47 PM
    Well if anybody is watching this for an answer here it is after about 10 hrs of trying.... You have to go into your Outlook.com account and enable Exchange Active Sync and make sure you put your email address in the Username field in the BES 10 Cloud server email profile you are making.

"Apps that support Exchange ActiveSync

With EAS you can get your email immediately, as well as see all your folders, calendar and contacts in one place. If your email app supports Exchange ActiveSync and you need to configure it manually, use the following settings.

Server address: s.outlook.com

Domain: <leave empty>

User name: Your email address

Password: Your password

TLS/SSL encryption required: Yes"
    Last edited by Stomps01; 04-29-14 at 09:33 PM.
    04-29-14 09:15 PM
    You have to go into your Outlook.com account and enable Exchange Active Sync...
    Did not have to do this for any of the outlook.com/hotmail.com accounts I tested. Where is this setting?

...make sure you put your email address in the Username field in the BES 10 Cloud server email profile
    Unless you are using the %UserEmailAddress% variable and so long as the account syncs to the profile host. s or m.hotmail it should not matter as the host is eventually resolved to the proper regional host upon activation.
    04-29-14 11:41 PM
    Did not have to do this for any of the outlook.com/hotmail.com accounts I tested. Where is this setting?

Unless you are using the %UserEmailAddress% variable and so long as the account syncs to the profile host. s or m.hotmail it should not matter as the host is eventually resolved to the proper regional host upon activation.
    It is in the settings tab in your outlook/hotmail account. You have to log in through the Internet to get to it. Some people may have turned this off at some point so it is good to know if that is the case. You can also set it so when you delete an email from your device it puts it in a special folder so you don't lose it permanently.

As for putting your email address in the user name field that's what I did and that's how it finally worked after trying 1000 different things. At the same time I got an email from Outlook.com asking me to sign into my email account so I can keep sending messages with my device. After I did that everything just seemed to work.... I even deleted that email and used another without any problems. .

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 11:45 PM
    It is in the settings tab in your outlook/hotmail account. You have to log in through the Internet to get to it. Some people may have turned this off at some point so it is good to know if that is the case. You can also set it so when you delete an email from your device it puts it in a special folder so you don't lose it permanently.

Posted via CB10
    I have checked everywhere in the settings, and I've not been able to find the Exchange activesync settings. Are you sure they exist?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    04-30-14 05:45 AM
    I have checked everywhere in the settings, and I've not been able to find the Exchange activesync settings. Are you sure they exist?

Positive. Up in right corner you click on the settings tab then a whole screen pops up of options and active sync is one of the options.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 06:27 AM
    Are accessing Outlook from the US?

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    04-30-14 08:27 AM
    Log into your outlook or Hotmail account via Internet. If you use your phone browser make sure you switch to PC view(at the bottom I think), click on the settings icon in top right corner(looks like a gear), click on options then click on Connect devices and apps with pop.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 08:47 AM
    There is only POP option there, there is no EAS. See
    How do You Set up Hotmail account on BES cloud?-img_20140430_171753.png

04-30-14 11:19 AM
    There is only POP option there, there is no EAS. See
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140430_171753.png 
Views:	199 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	266930

It talks about EAS in the description.. I'll try turning it off and see what happens when I'm home later. The fact I wasn't putting in my username as my email address may have been my original problem. I discovered this and put the correct username in at the same time. Either way it works now and I'm sure a few people may benefit from it whether the settings in outlook have anything to do with it or not.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 12:37 PM
    I just turned it off and it made no difference... I guess that narrows it down to me not putting in my email address as my user name in the BES 10 Cloud EAS email setup.... Frig all that time I spent on it and that is all it was....
    04-30-14 10:42 PM
    To clarify, you do not have to use your username if you are using either native, or custom variables within the EAS profile. Also, I do not see an EAS setting within Outlook. Perhaps the option is enabled for non-US accounts?

05-01-14 12:37 AM
    To clarify, you do not have to use your username if you are using either native, or custom variables within the EAS profile. Also, I do not see an EAS setting within Outlook. Perhaps the option is enabled for non-US accounts?

All I know is that the advanced part of the setup for my email address on my phone that I could not modify on my phone was missing username that had a star beside it meaning it was required. I put it as my email address on the Cloud server email setup(as the instructions say to from hotmail) and it worked. I did the same with my other accounts and then they worked. Maybe some other glitch fixed itself at the exact same time, I dunno..... I do remember receiving a message from hotmail telling me to sign into my account so my device could keep on sending/receiving messages.....

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 07:43 AM
    Waiting for Bes cloud

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 04:01 PM
    So long as the minimum seat requirement stays within reason, I am also waiting for BES12 Cloud to arrive to assist in the management of devices within a small circle of friends and family. Set it at five CALs

05-01-14 11:50 PM
    Waiting for Bes cloud

Posted via CB10
    Waiting?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:16 AM
    Is it out? Worldwide?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 02:31 AM
    I have no idea... I thought it was but maybe it's only regional..... I guess if the link doesn't work for you then it's not worldwide

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 07:26 AM
28 12