So, i've decided against allowing my blackberry to be added to my employer's BES, for obvious reasons (kudos to the members here who helped me make this decision). Now, my question is, how I do I keep my personal data (contacts, tasks, calendar, and memo-pad) separate from my business data (contacts, tasks, calendar, and memo-pad)??

I see that my contacts, tasks, and memo-pad have categories (business vs. personal). So, if I categorize everything by business vs. personal, how I do I "filter" the data so that only the business data is synced to Outlook/Exchange?

Furthermore, how would I achieve the same thing with my calendar? I see that I can create calendar entries with my personal (gmail) email, but how would I prevent those "personal" entries from syncing with Outlook/Exchange?

I'm beginning to lose sleep over this issue (my employer switched to Exchange last week and is asking that I sync my blackberry with Exchange), so I greatly appreciate everybody's advice here.
    10-05-10 10:59 PM
    I'm confused.

If you decided NOT to add your device to the BES, then how would your personal data even be "syncing" with Outlook/Exchange?
    10-10-10 07:29 AM
    I'm confused.

If you decided NOT to add your device to the BES, then how would your personal data even be "syncing" with Outlook/Exchange?
    I'd like to sync my Contacts, Tasks, and Calendar with Outlook using the Desktop Manager. That way, I have my work information on my blackberry. I want to sync my blackberry with outlook but I don't want my "personal" stuff to get copied to outlook.
    10-13-10 08:54 PM
    I used MS Exchange ActiveSync when I found that the BESx wasn't supported for my BB!0 Z10. Select Advanced when you are setting up a new account.
    02-11-13 11:32 AM
    Kudos for all answers to the thread, was suffering from same problem.
    02-12-13 07:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD