Hello,

I'm a IT savvy guy without the knowledge on BES, which I find facinating for it's use. I've read countless posts and articles on the subject, but I'm having trouble finding someone who can help me out setting the server up for my employees to use.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Again, let me just say that I enjoy the articles posted on CrackBerry.com
    01-28-16 12:30 PM
    Depends on your budget, you can go out and set up an exchange server etc, or go all cloud, get an office 365/Google apps subscription and BES 12 cloud subscription on top...
    01-28-16 01:04 PM
    I would want minimal expenses, but with reasonable service. What would you recommend?

Is it possible to get some extended support on how it works, and how to set it up? If I could get an emailadress to ask, etc.
    01-28-16 01:15 PM
    I would want minimal expenses, but with reasonable service. What would you recommend?

Is it possible to get some extended support on how it works, and how to set it up? If I could get an emailadress to ask, etc.
    I would suggest discussing here, as many other experts would be able to help you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-28-16 01:20 PM
    Alot of the information is classified, so I would need a specialized expert on the subject, which I would pay to instruct me. Is there anyone you can point me towards, that's interested in earning an advisory fee?
    01-28-16 01:58 PM
    Alot of the information is classified, so I would need a specialized expert on the subject, which I would pay to instruct me. Is there anyone you can point me towards, that's interested in earning an advisory fee?
    You can PM me and see how we go?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-28-16 02:03 PM
    Your boss isn't named Clinton?
    01-28-16 02:42 PM
    IMHO, the main point is to know how you're currently set for messaging and documents sharing (as a start).

If you're looking for a minimal investment with BES, then you may be tempted to look at BES cloud mixed with your existing infrastructure or another cloud based service. Of course it all depends on the number of users. But could match both your budget and limited knowledge (all maintenance done by BlackBerry) .

Hope it helps... but I see Zocter's at it, you're in good hands !
    01-28-16 02:46 PM
    Cloud is designed if you don't have a huge IT department or if your receptionist is IT. Its designed so that you don't have to take care of the servers or updates or make sure your data is backed up.. They do it all for you. Once you reach about 30 people though I find that having your own server hardware makes more sense cost wise and that size of company should have a dedicated IT guy that knows what he is doing.

You mentioned that what you are talking about is very sensitive, are you even allowed to use a cloud service for email? BES there is no email information passed through it, it acts more as a big brother to the devices to make sure they are keeping in compliance so i cant see it being an issue being hosted
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-01-16 10:22 AM
    If you are handling sensitive information then you will want an onsite server so that the encryption keys for your communications are in your posession. If you use BES Cloud then blackberry has the encryption keys and they WILL provide them to the government of any country that requests them through their legal process. If you work in countries with state owned industries and you compete against them, your data can be accessed with lawful (in that country) requests which may be for corporate espionage purposes because of corrupt individuals. If you truly need security and you still trust BlackBerry code, then you need to have your own servers. Just my two cents from some experience with companies working in Asia and western africa.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 07:33 AM
    What mail server do you run? Do you have a vm server environment so that you can easily spin up a windows 2012 r2 server? If not you may need to look into their cloud solution.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 09:36 AM
    Also if I know what sector and location you are in I can help you find your BlackBerry rep who can help get you the resources you need.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 09:38 AM