I currently have a small business with 20 mailboxes and 7 BB users. We have our own exchange server and BPS and a single T1 line. Our equipment is all in our office space which is in a regular office building in Long Island, NY. Although I do nightly tape backups that go off-site, I have always been concerned about my disaster recovery as it relates to Exchange.

Files are easy with Mozy or similar option but off-site backup of an in-house exchange has been tricky.

I looked into intermedia for off-site hosting. Pricing is good (I can downgrade some of my outsourced IT services if I go that route) but I am concerned that I will lose some "control". They say they are upgrading soon to a system that allows me to control policies (but I can't demo it until mid-May) and don't think I will ever be able to view logs.

What are your thoughts on the matter as it relates to off-site backup of in-house exchange and BES servers? Lack of control? Are there other companies that can give me more control and access? Do I need it? Are the trade offs worth it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    04-20-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD