Hi! Anyone know where i can download BES Express 5.0.4 (latest?), i want to try installing it to work with one of the 3 BB phones i have, trying BES, as a hobby. =)
    12-08-17 08:03 AM
    As in old bb os Java based devices, pre bb10??
    12-22-17 07:43 PM
    Yes!
    12-23-17 02:10 AM
    I'd recommend installing UEM 12.7.2 with the bbos node. At least then you're current and supported.
    12-23-17 01:13 PM
    I'd recommend installing UEM 12.7.2 with the bbos node. At least then you're current and supported.
    What is BlackBerry UEM?
    BlackBerry UEM (um, what does the UEM acronym mean?) is a multi-platform EMM (um, what does the EEM acronym mean?) solution from BlackBerry that provides comprehensive device, application, and content management with integrated security and connectivity, and helps you manage iOS, macOS, Android, Windows 10, BlackBerry 10, and BlackBerry OS (version 5.0 to 7.1) devices for your organization. BlackBerry UEM offers trusted end-to-end security and provides the control that organizations need to manage all endpoints and ownership models.

This sounds good, but it does not sound free and seems to do far more than i need, which is to only give our BB OS 7.1 phones email from an exchange server (or better from a simpler Unix mail server), but i'm still interested as there appears to be some current BB support on this product, and i'm having quite a hard time finding someone willing to point to a BES Express download, i'm getting nothing from torrents etc. Would someone tell me more about their experience with this product, its costs, if a free version can be run or at least a one-time cost?
    12-30-17 06:54 PM
    What is BlackBerry UEM?
    BlackBerry UEM (um, what does the UEM acronym mean?) is a multi-platform EMM (um, what does the EEM acronym mean?) solution from BlackBerry that provides comprehensive device, application, and content management with integrated security and connectivity, and helps you manage iOS, macOS, Android, Windows 10, BlackBerry 10, and BlackBerry OS (version 5.0 to 7.1) devices for your organization. BlackBerry UEM offers trusted end-to-end security and provides the control that organizations need to manage all endpoints and ownership models.

This sounds good, but it does not sound free and seems to do far more than i need, which is to only give our BB OS 7.1 phones email from an exchange server (or better from a simpler Unix mail server), but i'm still interested as there appears to be some current BB support on this product, and i'm having quite a hard time finding someone willing to point to a BES Express download, i'm getting nothing from torrents etc. Would someone tell me more about their experience with this product, its costs, if a free version can be run or at least a one-time cost?
    It is not free. BES express is no longer available and support for it ended 2 years ago last I checked. You can no longer get it, and even though was free, I believe you still had to sign up for a free license to use it, but could be wrong.

UEM = Unified Endpoint Management. This means it's a product that provides EMM aka Enterprise Mobility Management for more than 1 platform. Think of it as BES for BlackBerry, Android, Ios, Windows mobile, etc.
    BES was an EMM solution for BBOS.

Cost is usually in the range of $75-150/yr/ device depending on UEM and BlackBerry Work features you choose. Most of it won't matter to the old BBOS so I think basic classic silver license works. I'll have to look into it in the new year. I haven't used or licensed the bbos node.

As for unix mail server, even if you could get BES5 express somehow, it is NOT compatibile with a free opensource *nix mail server. It was designed specifically for older versions of MS exchange. I don't think you could even use it against latest version of exchange or office 365 mail. The old BES didn't use activesync, it used MAPI to talk to the mail server.

On top of all this, you also require your BBos devices to have their data plan upgraded to a BES data plan, if your provider even provides that anymore.

Though I see what you are hoping to accomplish, I'm sorry to tell you that it is not going to go the way you want.
    12-31-17 01:12 PM