User has a Blackberry Torch 9810.
    Email is Exchange Server 2003.
    BES is version 5

We had a problem with a user who's email box became corrupted. He was unable to access the mailbox, and I had to end up deleting his mailbox (did not delete his AD login), then I re-created a mailbox for him, and restored everything from a tape. His mail now works, but I spent about 3-4 hours trying to get his blackberry working but could not get it to activate.

What I have tried so far: Wiped out his BB device. I deleted his BES account and re-created it. Tried dozens of times to activate.

On the device, it simply says "connecting to server". In the mailbox he gets the ETP.dat email (Seems to come in twice some of the time), but it never disappears from the mailbox. I had activated another user earlier in the day, so I know the BES server is working properly. I don't think it is a problem with the device because it worked fine until the mailbox corruption, but I don't have another spare device to test on.

One hitch that may be related. This user has been around since the NT days and as such his AD login is only the first 8 characters of his name, but his email address is his full name. After a few hours we noticed that when I re-created his mailbox, it had set his email address to the first 8 characters of his name only. The strange thing was that he was still getting email in spite of this. Regardless, I created a new email address for him (his full name) and made that the primary address for his account. I tried activating his BB with both the full name and the 8 character name, and neither worked. I also tried removing the 8 character email address from the account, but that made no difference.

Any ideas???
    Thanks
    01-28-13 08:23 AM
    Does the BES Admin account have permissions to the new mailbox?
    01-29-13 07:33 AM
    Yes, BES Admin has permissions for all mailboxes. I checked the settings vs my own (which has a working blackberry) and it was the same (Read Permissions and Full Mailbox access) Both are greyed out and cannot be modified. There is no Deny set on his mailbox either.
    01-29-13 08:08 AM