Hi,
    We�ve just registered our first EMM Regulated Blackberry but how can i activate/enable the Blackberry World for the user? I can only see/use the Blackberry Word - Work.

Regards,
    Simon
    08-28-13 09:05 AM
    Here's an info sheet about EMM...

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...-Datasheet.pdf

I'm not sure if you can enable BB World other than for your own app. EMM is for very secure environments.
    08-28-13 09:41 AM
    There is no personal side to those devices when you activate them regulated. You do not have access to BlackBerry world other than what the Administrator adds into the work size. Also NO Android apps (sideload or through BB world) will work.
    Fatboy40 likes this.
    08-28-13 09:46 AM
    The users will need both Personal and Work "spaces" on the device.
    I think its a setting in the device policies, you should be able to enable Personal space App World.
    08-28-13 09:49 AM
    You can't enable the personal side of BBW on balance mode work side. Work is for work only, you can't enable things like BBW to be used like the personal mode, if you want it to work like the personal BBW then you need to switch your device back as a personal device.

Again things are they way they are for security reasons. BBRY has said for the very beginning BES 10 has a different design concept than BES 5 and the older versions. To be honest they are targeting government agency's or companies who are worried about their own data leakage.

But it sounds like from your question about BBW that your organization won't lose millions if their data falls into the wrong hands, so really you should stick to using balance mode.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    08-28-13 09:49 AM
    hi,
    Thank you for all your replies. We�re not using Balance mode in this case, I�m talking about Work Mode only (emm regulated) on the BB. My boss doesn�t like the Balance function at all and he want`s to have it switched back to one login and one screen without switching between Work and Personal mode --- Honestly, I also would prefer that way like with the old devices.
    08-28-13 10:45 AM
    Hi,
    We�ve just registered our first EMM Regulated Blackberry but how can i activate/enable the Blackberry World for the user? I can only see/use the Blackberry Word - Work.

Regards,
    Simon
    Hi Simon,

Congratulations on a working Regulated install !. I'm very interested in what carrier / network you're using and what country you're in, the reason being is that I'm in the UK and I'm having trouble getting any carrier to support the required SIM provisioning for a Regulated activation.

Thanks.
    08-28-13 11:21 AM
    hi,
    Thank you for all your replies. We�re not using Balance mode in this case, I�m talking about Work Mode only (emm regulated) on the BB. My boss doesn�t like the Balance function at all and he want`s to have it switched back to one login and one screen without switching between Work and Personal mode --- Honestly, I also would prefer that way like with the old devices.
    If you do not want access to the personal side you are doing it exactly correctly. However, you limit the device by doing this (removing app world for personal etc). The risks associated with balance are very small, and the balance approach has even been approved by the US DoD.
    HotFix likes this.
    08-28-13 11:34 AM
    @Fatboy40:
    we�ve tested it with vodafone and o2 -- 10€/month for the regulated BB option

@Sith_Apprentice
    So there is no way in enabling the regular BB World in EMM regulated mode?
    08-28-13 11:43 AM
    @Fatboy40:

@Sith_Apprentice
    So there is no way in enabling the regular BB World in EMM regulated mode?
    This is correct. That is the entire purpose of balance. If you want the personal app world, you need the personal side. Otherwise, your IT department can vet which applications it wants to allow, and publish those via BES.
    08-28-13 11:50 AM
    @Fatboy40:
    Thanks for that, so it looks like it's O2 and Vodafone in the UK who are clowns and still can't provision a SIM correctly.

Can I ask what country you're in ?, either mainland Europe or Ireland if you use the Euro I presume ?.
    08-28-13 02:01 PM
    Our company is based in Germany
    Fatboy40 and deiop like this.
    08-29-13 07:23 AM
    ... Also NO Android apps (sideload or through BB world) will work.
    Bugger, over the weekend I noticed a Spiceworks (help desk software we use) app for Android and once we go live with BB 10 I was hoping to sideload it so that my team can manage their help desk tickets when out in the field.

So the only way we'd ever get such an app on BB 10 is for them to create a native version
    09-02-13 08:25 AM
    Bugger, over the weekend I noticed a Spiceworks (help desk software we use) app for Android and once we go live with BB 10 I was hoping to sideload it so that my team can manage their help desk tickets when out in the field.

So the only way we'd ever get such an app on BB 10 is for them to create a native version
    That is correct. I have, however, submitted a feature request to allow Android apps to be deployed to the work side through BES10 (no sideload so apps can be vetted). We shall see if it happens.
    Fatboy40 and johnnyuk like this.
    09-04-13 06:50 AM
    That is correct. I have, however, submitted a feature request to allow Android apps to be deployed to the work side through BES10 (no sideload so apps can be vetted). We shall see if it happens.
    We're almost a year later now.. did you hear back anything about that feature request? I want to use BES10 fully regulated, but android apps is a must have..
    08-27-14 09:23 AM
    Any one knows if BES12 supports android apps in Regulated mode?
    11-06-14 05:04 PM
    Any one knows if BES12 supports android apps in Regulated mode?
    We're all not far off being able to download it and try it for ourselves so we should know in a matter of days.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-06-14 07:44 PM
    Did any one have a chance to try out BES12? if yes.. did you check if the android runtime works in Regulated mode?
    11-17-14 02:01 PM
    No, it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:36 PM
    Thanks for the update.. That's a big problem for me
    11-17-14 04:46 PM