Hi Looking for a little help on 10.1.1 (Stand Alone)

This was installed to upgrade 10.0 and I am receiving Windows Log errors every minute regarding BMDS and not being able to start the service.
    "BES10 - Blackberry MDS connection service" is started and everything appears to be working fine and I can access servername:8080
    however I have a second service "Blackberry MDS Connection Service" that is starting and stopping every minute that I believe may have been left over from the previous installation.
    when I disable the service I get a different warning from BES10 - Blackberry Controller not being able to start Mobile Data Service

My Question: is the Blackberry MDS Connection Service needed with BES10 - Blackberry MDS Connection Service and if not how can I cleanly remove it or stop the Blackberry Controller from trying to start it.

Thanks,
    07-23-13 09:27 AM
    Hi Looking for a little help on 10.1.1 (Stand Alone)

This was installed to upgrade 10.0 and I am receiving Windows Log errors every minute regarding BMDS and not being able to start the service.
    "BES10 - Blackberry MDS connection service" is started and everything appears to be working fine and I can access servername:8080
    however I have a second service "Blackberry MDS Connection Service" that is starting and stopping every minute that I believe may have been left over from the previous installation.
    when I disable the service I get a different warning from BES10 - Blackberry Controller not being able to start Mobile Data Service

My Question: is the Blackberry MDS Connection Service needed with BES10 - Blackberry MDS Connection Service and if not how can I cleanly remove it or stop the Blackberry Controller from trying to start it.

Thanks,
    I have BES10 - BlackBerry MDS Connection Service running on my bes10.1.1 server.

You can possibly manually remove the service through a command line prompt and then maybe repair the bes10.1.1 installation.... just a shot in the dark though. its almost like the install never fully removed the previous MDS service.
    07-23-13 12:15 PM
    I would not upgrade from 10.0. The best course of action would be to install fresh 10.1.1. That's of course if you can.
    07-23-13 12:39 PM
    Why not? There are many who have done this with no issues

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 02:08 PM
    Why not? There are many who have done this with no issues

Posted via CB10
    its hit or miss honestly. I went from 10 to 10.1 and i just ended up starting all over since i actually had issues similar to your with duplicate/non starting services..... My 10.1 to 10.1.1 went smooth though.
    07-23-13 02:48 PM
    Thanks for the options
    I tried running the 10.1.1 install overtop of the existing installation and got the same results.
    I may try removing the service and try again , but i cant afford the downtime if things go bad and will have to schedule for that
    As it is still working I may try to hold off until the next release and see what happens on that install. Im just not that comfortable with the 1400 daily error messages
    07-24-13 08:42 AM
    If everything is running fine then you can just delete that service in Windows.
    07-24-13 08:47 AM
    If everything is running fine then you can just delete that service in Windows.
    Thanks,
    If I disable or rename the service in the registry I get a new error from Blackberry Controller stating that it cannot start that Service, even though the real one is running, but Ill give it a try and see what happens I think the issue is twofold: the service needs to be removed and/or BES 10 needs to get rid of any references to this service
    I thought the issue could be resolved inside of the component view but there is only 1 instance there of MDS
    07-24-13 02:04 PM
    Thanks,
    If I disable or rename the service in the registry I get a new error from Blackberry Controller stating that it cannot start that Service, even though the real one is running, but Ill give it a try and see what happens I think the issue is twofold: the service needs to be removed and/or BES 10 needs to get rid of any references to this service
    I thought the issue could be resolved inside of the component view but there is only 1 instance there of MDS
    If you are still having problems, do this.
    Uninstalled BES 10 (whatever version you have)
    Remove the registry keys, there should be keys for Research In Motion in HLKM in software and W64o32 (sp?), basically look through the common folders in regedit for Research In Motion and remove it. the W64.... in software is key as BES10 stores most of its keys there.
    Reinstall BES10.1.1 during the installation point the installer to the DB that is already installed; you tell it you already have a DB.

If the services continue to fail you need to first try and figure it out in the BRRY logs in your "program files (x86)/research in motion.../.../logs/todays-date/(the service that failing log file), failing that you will need to call BBRY TSS.
    07-27-13 08:12 AM